Josh Drummond

Started by EZA100, April 17, 2012, 09:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

I'm good for 20 games this year.
Come on, I look like a guy you can trust, don't I?
    \

mpollock

Will be interesting to see the stats the week just how many nuts get this guy in ...

But then again ... Dempsey isn't exactly injury free over his career and crap loads of nuts (including myself) were friggin' stupid enough to trade him in  ;D

Hmmm ... Dempsey for Drummond .... DONE ... (thank god for that reverse button)  ;D

Noz

Quote from: Noz on April 17, 2012, 10:13:54 PM
Meow will find a way to convince you all

Quote from: meow meow on April 17, 2012, 11:03:15 PM
WHAT IF HE DOESN'T GET INJURED ??

You'll have a premium player averaging 100 over 20 games on your hands, that's what. How pissed would you be if you decided not to take him and he scores 150 this week? It's better to regret something you did do, rather than something you didn't do. Have a go.

Inspirational

mpollock

Inspirational ... but still no.   ;D

essendon33

im down, top 2000 with 23 trades left.. going grimes -> drummond..
reasons:
-> grimes is same as drummo ie always gets injured
-> drummond higher scoring potential and is used more
-> Melbourne are sh*t
-> brisie seem to be going somewhere
-> Melbourne are not going anywhere
-> Melbourne are sh*t

good enuf reasons?

mpollock

(No offence but) .... "brisie seem to be going somewhere" ... funniest thing I have read this week!!  :)

bluedreamin

Where exactly are brisie going?
Meow almost has me sold though... ;)

charliesheen

This is what "reversible trades" are for  ;D

SydneyRox

Quote from: bluedreamin on April 17, 2012, 11:55:15 PM
Where exactly are brisie going?
Meow almost has me sold though... ;)

That is pretty much my train of thought... Brissie are going straight.... to 2nd or 3rd last.....

Do i read too many of MM's threads about him?? Damn you MM!! I am almost ready to trade.

Glad I have logged off for the night....

Ringo

Drummond scored 96 SC points last week not bad for a injured!!! player.  If we all followed the badaid policy in the scores we would be trading out heaps of players. It was imo only a cramp which may be expected as it was his first Senior Game this year.  Admittedly got plenty of it due to Brisbanes game plan of trying to minimise damage against top teams following Carlton game.
I am thinking also of bringing in him if he scores another 90+ this week as it will be a nice price rise first up. As Fletch has said even if he gets injured he may make you 200k and allow you to get a performing prem defender when the time is right. If he does not get injured you have a player who will average 100+ so imo no real risks invoved in bringing him in.

And for those doubters Brisbane will still surprise a few this year and i am happy to take on any who think we will finish bottom 3. We have a horror draw for the first 10 games and if we finish 3/7 i will be happy as we have 10 winnable games in the last half of the draw and only play 2 of last years top 8 in this period.

bluedreamin

Quote from: Ringo on April 18, 2012, 09:01:51 AM
And for those doubters Brisbane will still surprise a few this year and i am happy to take on any who think we will finish bottom 3. We have a horror draw for the first 10 games and if we finish 3/7 i will be happy as we have 10 winnable games in the last half of the draw and only play 2 of last years top 8 in this period.

If that's the case, I'll be looking to jump on brissie players in the last half of the draw... plenty of time to see if Drummond can stay in one piece.

SydneyRox

Sorry Ringo, i highly respect your opinion but cant see them not finishing in the bottom four. The only teams they will go into as favourite are against GC/GWS and probably the game vs Melb at the Gabba.

charliesheen

Drummond scored 96 SC points last week not bad for a injured!!! player.  If we all followed the badaid policy in the scores we would be trading out heaps of players. It was imo only a cramp which may be expected as it was his first Senior Game this year.  Admittedly got plenty of it due to Brisbanes game plan of trying to minimise damage against top teams following Carlton game.
I am thinking also of bringing in him if he scores another 90+ this week as it will be a nice price rise first up. As Fletch has said even if he gets injured he may make you 200k and allow you to get a performing prem defender when the time is right. If he does not get injured you have a player who will average 100+ so imo no real risks invoved in bringing him in.

Please don't wreck your team.

If he was named round 1, I think he would have been worth a punt.  Not worth sideways trading him in now, too much risk, and you are under valuing what trades are worth.  Especially with big concerns over Fyfe.

Ringo

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 18, 2012, 11:39:18 AM

Sorry Ringo, i highly respect your opinion but cant see them not finishing in the bottom four. The only teams they will go into as favourite are against GC/GWS and probably the game vs Melb at the Gabba.
No worries everyone has their opinion and this is what I like about the forum we can have banter without the nastiness.  For the record my prediction for Lions is 11th so we will see who is closest at end of season. I see these as winnable games for us Suns x 2, GWS, Melbourne and Richmond and also possibly Adelaide at The Gabba.    Would not surprise to see us beat Pies at the Gabba either as we have an excellent record against them at the Gabba.

mpollock

Love you passion and optimise Ringo ... Brisbane to finish ahead of only GWS, GC and Melbourne ... with a rough chance of getting above the W.Bulldogs.  :)  (Note: Without Black and Luey it will be a tough ask)

Drummond is one of those really tempting players who is a gun but has a massive injury risk ...
Lets examine similar players:

Grimes - injured in preseason already ... injured again on the weekend ... and then suspended for a wk to round it out.
Dempsey - Hammy problems in the past and once again this was the problem last week

The other injury prone players who people talk about are Chapman and Rioli - i think Chapman is a good bet injury wise these days and Rioli is improving with his new running technique.

No Drummond for me ... took the gamble on Dempsey and learnt my lesson!!  ;D