7 (14.6%)
Cotchin
14 (29.2%)
Ward
8 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

toddycgs

makita

wouldn't go any of them, all border line premos, id save some more cash up and get a scott thompson, mitchell or rockliff. whose ur mids now and how much coin do u have?

toddycgs

Ablett Murphy Bartel Fyfe Magner Caddy Coniglio Shiel with 28k
If Fyfe plays I won't trade but not to keen on burning another trade to downgrade yet
Ziebell is looking pretty good I'd have to say
And will average well with their draw

Capper

Quote from: makita on April 17, 2012, 02:11:48 PM
wouldn't go any of them, all border line premos, id save some more cash up and get a scott thompson, mitchell or rockliff. whose ur mids now and how much coin do u have?
Agree.
I had JPK last year and he was ok but had some games where he got 50. He hasnt been tagged this year yet either so watch out for that when it happens.
Ziebell is only one game back and is injury prone.
Cotchin is the best out of the 4, but has a bye at the same time as GAJ and Smurph.
Ward is a stay away. WC didnt care about tackling anyone and just let them roam around as they had it won by 1/4 time

I would go Mitchell but he has the same bye as GAJ and Smurph, so maybe Thompson.

ubeaut

Agree Cotchin is best bet of those. Opposition teams have realised that Martin can't handle the tag and so Cotchin is having more freedom.

bottlemart

In relation to value for money, Ziebell is only $428k, and appears set for a breakout year, similar to what cotchin had last year.

cotchin hadn't done a proper pre season until last year and finally had the breakout.

Ziebell finished last season averaging 120 in the last 6 games, and has continued that form for the first game, so expect his scores to be good this year.  Not sure how much he will average, but he looked very good on sunday and is a goal kicker as well, who spends plenty of time on ball.

Kennedy and cotchin also win their own footy and would also be good choices, but I'm most likely picking ziebell up this week or next week.  I had ziebell locked in my team, but took him out just before lockout, only due to the fact that he was missing the firsy 2 games.  now that hes finished the suspension and started well, I have confirmation that he should be a good choice, at what should be a very good price.

Also consider north are playing a high possession game, saw it first hand on sunday, they are averaging over 400 per game, which is number one in the competition.

Capper

Quote from: bottlemart on April 17, 2012, 05:45:08 PM
In relation to value for money, Ziebell is only $428k, and appears set for a breakout year, similar to what cotchin had last year.

cotchin hadn't done a proper pre season until last year and finally had the breakout.

Ziebell finished last season averaging 120 in the last 6 games, and has continued that form for the first game, so expect his scores to be good this year.  Not sure how much he will average, but he looked very good on sunday and is a goal kicker as well, who spends plenty of time on ball.

Kennedy and cotchin also win their own footy and would also be good choices, but I'm most likely picking ziebell up this week or next week.  I had ziebell locked in my team, but took him out just before lockout, only due to the fact that he was missing the firsy 2 games.  now that hes finished the suspension and started well, I have confirmation that he should be a good choice, at what should be a very good price.

Also consider north are playing a high possession game, saw it first hand on sunday, they are averaging over 400 per game, which is number one in the competition.
But North are playing the swans at a wet and soggy SCG this weekend. Dont expect mids to do well. There will be alot of stoppages. Could be 200 HO's on the day

toddycgs

was also dissapointed by kennedy last year thats why im keen to stay clear of him
and with ziebell cheap he is very tempting

Tiggerfan

I agree with Makita. You're mids aren't overly strong so picking a player hoping they have a breakout year is pretty risky. I'd be inclined to get another gun

bottlemart

It's a fair point Tigger fan.  I was confident of Ziebell pre season, but knew there was risk and i didn't have the courage to go thru with it, so I took the safe option of a gun, but that does come with a $600k pricetag.  I wish i had have gone Ziebell from the start, but i'm happy to get him thsi week or next for $428k which may prove to be a bargain by years end.  No one really knows at this stage.  time will tell.

I can see the wisdom in getting a proven performer but sometimes to get an edge you may pick up a player a bit cheaper who performs very well, and we have had plenty of themn over the years.  Cotchin and wells both broke out last year and gave good scores, at a good starting price.  I'm restricting myself to one potential breakout contender per line in the mids and forward.  I was keen on nicnat, but went with Cox, and i'm kinda wishing i went with my gut instinct and picked nicnat and banked the extra cash.   

Tiggerfan

Yeah I suppose you have to take a few risks. I like your idea of one breakout contender in each line.
I was in the same boat with my rucks, had Nic Nat but changed to Cox after seeing him play one NAB Cup game where he slayed it. Hasn't that turned out well.
Ziebell is also on my radar. Looked good last week and in an improving side. Definitely be watching him this week and if he goes good he's in the week after before his price rise. May have to free up some cash though if Fyfe plays as I'll be keeping him. I could always go Cox to a cheaper ruck and do an early upgrade of a mid rook. Now that's risky....

bottlemart

Yeah youre right about Coxy.  Hes been great for many years, but he doesn't look the same player this year.

I'm keen to keep Fyfe aswell, but if he doesn't play, I'm looking at Fyfe to Treloar, and Clay Smith to Ziebell. 

then in a ferw weeks there should be a host of cheap quality forwards such as Stevie J, Cyril, ROK and Martin.  they all look set for some big price drops in the coming weeks.

Tiggerfan

Sounds like a good plan. What are you gonna do if Fyfe plays ? Still going to get Ziebell ?

bottlemart

Yeah I've got about $227k in the bank, so if Fyfe plays i'll wait until the following week to get Ziebell.  Hi and Treloar will still on the bubble, so i'll still go smith to ziebell, and one of my other fwd or mid rookies to treloar, most likely a fwd.

I've currently got devon smith, cameron, hall, kennedy and milera, so i'll cut one of those.  It's early in the piece to cut a rookie, probably only make $100k per rookie at best, but very keen on both ziebell and treloar either this week or next.