Martin/Fyfe out - S.Selwood/Jpod in, thoughts?

Started by bobby_vee, April 17, 2012, 01:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby_vee

Title says it all.

I know there have been plenty of threads on these 2 players, and I have read through them. Fyfe has to go, even if he is named this week, his shoulder will go again soon, and I held onto Martin for another week, to get a 70. I am at the point that if I don't trade Martin now, I won't be able to trade him with his price in the future. Will probably lose $80k on them both this week if I don't trade them now.

I want to hold onto my rookies for a little while, they will just go up in price for a little while. Got Fyfe in midfield (only DPP in the mids) and Martin in the forward line.

Not sold on Tippert or NRoo in the forward line, got a feeling that the Jpod can have a good SC year. Also looking at Sidebottom, had trouble keeping him out of the side at the start of the year.

Since I planned on having Fyfe and Martin as keepers for the year, I plan on keeping these 2 trades for the rest of the year (bar injuries) hence why I haven't looked at downgrading and banking more money(the above trade will net me $67900, on top of the $37600 I already have).

Thanks in advance.

Victorius Secret

if the first 3 rounds have taught us (including myself) anything, it's not to sideways trade premiums regardless of form.

Fyfe yes. Martin no.

personally, i will be patient with Fyfe until other premo's come crashing down in value.

it's a long season so use your trades wisely.  :-\

hannebery2rohan

^ lol. but fyfe is crashing in value. even if he scores 100 this week and 100 next week, he'll still drop another 70k

tor01doc

If Fyfe plays, he is a keeper in your forward line. No matter how much he loses over the next couple of weeks.

If he's fully injured - out he goes - easy.

If you don't want him, then move now.

Martin should stay.

Trades seem to become more and more valuable as the year progresses.

Current value = $110000 per trade.

Last year they ended up being valued @ $250000 each*.

* don't forget however that 76% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Danstar

I was thinking of trading Martin also, but Richmond have had quite a few tough games to start with, and have a couple more. After that, there should be games where he can score very well and get his average back up

bobby_vee

Thanks for the replies guys.

For the umpteempth time I have decided to hold onto Martin, realising that I will have to hold onto him basically for good now. Fyfe is still a concern, will probably still trade him out, the shoulder is just too susceptible to come out again, especially with opposing teams now knowing it and probably targeting it. But ask me in 24 hours and I will probably change my mind again.

Thanks again.

Footyrulz

Dont trade martin IMO. See my explination int he other martin thread.

I would trade fyfe but not for s selwood. Get a real prmium.

JamSainter

Haha yeah don't trade out Martin because you'll be trading him back in 6 rounds time!

Sabretooth Tigers

Sabres have  Fyfe, Martin, Leuenberger, Lake and Redden all near trade possibles. Fyfe may lose value early but if he comes good and you haven't traded him out does it matter how much his price fluctuates ?? We're keeping him if they say he doesn't require surgery. This guy is far too good for them to risk further damage. If he plays then he's capabable. Just for the record we will likely go J Roughead for Leuey and maybe Swan for Redden. Good luck and cheers from the canine kingdom.

Tiggerfan

Didn't Fyfe play most of last year with a crook shoulder? He still racked up good scores. I wish I had him last year....

The Bomber

Quote from: hannebery2rohan on April 17, 2012, 04:34:15 AM
^ lol. but fyfe is crashing in value. even if he scores 100 this week and 100 next week, he'll still drop another 70k

if he score 100 this week and a 100 next week why would you not want him???

BTW dont trade!!! have you learnt nothing from Scotland, Broughton etc last round