What to do .. HELP PLEASE> Round 4 and Beyond.

Started by buddyhawks23, April 16, 2012, 07:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddyhawks23

Hey All, i'm in a bit of a mess with my supercoach this week.
I have GRIMES, LAKE and most likely DEMPSEY all out of my backline with suspension/injuries this week.
Combine that with Petrie and Martin scoring below what im expecting.. and im in for a tough week.

I dont mind using trades early, as once stable i wont touch my team for a couple weeks.

What do you think of the possible trades...
I really want GRIMES out of my team. he doesn't score very well, combining this with a decent price and suspension this week he needs to go. I dont mind lake heading to the bench to serve hes 1 week.. and dempsey ill most likely keep due to big scores.. and only due to miss 1-2 (with the second being mid week v essendon... he will 100% be playing in the 3rd week.)

The one move i am considering is downgrading coniglio to treloar.. so this free's up 100k plus gives me a multi position player and i can upgrade grimes to hurn.

What do you think about this? .. also by that trade i can get birchall or suckling.. but i think i'd rather hurn.

Another question should i consider trading martin/petrie for tippet.. ? as adelaide have gws this week, plus its well known of their easy draw, can see him continue to get big scores..

What are the best two trades to do this week... ?  (as i am in league's for money.. every week is vital.)
(also i am expected to score roughly 50 above my opponants.. so i dont mind being 1 defender down for 1 week, which is looking very likely, unless dempsey plays)..

Any other possible advice will be great.. thanks.

Footyrulz

Dont  trade coniglio!!! Still got alot to rise. Might as well get treloar next week as he wont have gone uo while coniglio will have.

I would trade just grimes.

buddyhawks23

Im aware that coniglio will go up for sure this week and treloar will stay the same for another week.. but the problem is i need the extra money to trade grimes into a good defender.. this is where i plan to get that 100k from.

Colliwobblers

just downgrade grimes to tomlinson.

you may very well need that extra money for your other issues over the next two weeks, dempsey should be fine but if he gets re injured and is subbed out he could drop a fair bit and you'll have the cash to turn him into a premium.

buddyhawks23

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 16, 2012, 08:22:32 PM
just downgrade grimes to tomlinson.

you may very well need that extra money for your other issues over the next two weeks, dempsey should be fine but if he gets re injured and is subbed out he could drop a fair bit and you'll have the cash to turn him into a premium.

yeah but i dont see tomlinson getting a decent score, which my backline is in much need of.
Thats is why i have considered hurn  average of 100..

thanks for the opinion though.

lewis

As much as it pains me to say it your team needs help.....Grimes for Geary whom is averaging over 90 is a possibility....also frees up some cash. $14k will not buy much. Use 1 trade now and ride the price rises of your rookies.....Dempsey will be good keep him till he hits the 400-415k range trade to premium. Yagmoor will be a problem as his JS is poor. May want to look at stiffy Johncock in a couple of rounds as he will bottom out $300- $350k range. Don't burn trades for the flavor of the round.

buddyhawks23

Quote from: lewis on April 16, 2012, 08:39:43 PM
As much as it pains me to say it your team needs help.....Grimes for Geary whom is averaging over 90 is a possibility....also frees up some cash. $14k will not buy much. Use 1 trade now and ride the price rises of your rookies.....Dempsey will be good keep him till he hits the 400-415k range trade to premium. Yagmoor will be a problem as his JS is poor. May want to look at stiffy Johncock in a couple of rounds as he will bottom out $300- $350k range. Don't burn trades for the flavor of the round.

yeah im in a world of hurt.
i like the possible geary trade.. that will free up 100k which will be very helpful for later trades..
Yeah need to offload yagmoor at some stage for someone increasing in price..

thanks for your input.

charliesheen

First off, fantastic pick in Josh Kennedy  ;D

My advice is to find the weakest link in your premiums.  Downgrade them.  Then upgrade both Grimes/Dempsey.  Keep in mind you need to bring in McDonald and Treloar at some stage.  Weak links are potentially Petrie/Mzungu/Reid/etc..

Don't like the back rookie options atm either.

buddyhawks23

Quote from: charliesheen on April 16, 2012, 09:02:32 PM
First off, fantastic pick in Josh Kennedy  ;D

My advice is to find the weakest link in your premiums.  Downgrade them.  Then upgrade both Grimes/Dempsey.  Keep in mind you need to bring in McDonald and Treloar at some stage.  Weak links are potentially Petrie/Mzungu/Reid/etc..

Don't like the back rookie options atm either.

what do you think of grimes to geary
reid/petrie to tippet ?

charliesheen

Way too sideways.  Plan your trades around getting both McDonald & Treloar into the team.  It's really up to you which under-performing premiums you choose.

Will probably require 3 lots of corrective trades to get this all done.

buddyhawks23

Quote from: charliesheen on April 16, 2012, 09:10:48 PM
Way too sideways.  Plan your trades around getting both McDonald & Treloar into the team.  It's really up to you which under-performing premiums you choose.

Will probably require 3 lots of corrective trades to get this all done.

Yeah im quite stuck.. i will keep dempsey 100%..
liking the grimes downgrade to geary.. free's up some cash, and means i can allow coniglio to go up another week, then trade into treloar

charliesheen

IMO, you have missed the boat on Geary.  Not worth it at his current price, unless you genuinely think he can average ~85-90, which is unrealistic.

buddyhawks23

Quote from: charliesheen on April 16, 2012, 09:24:35 PM
IMO, you have missed the boat on Geary.  Not worth it at his current price, unless you genuinely think he can average ~85-90, which is unrealistic.

well geary is going up 50k this week with a break even of -30.. and i see him scoring above grimes anyway..
im liking the idea of   grimes to geary then mzungu to scott selwood...

thoughts?

charliesheen

way too sideway mate.  your going to be burnt with this type of trading trust me.

PICCOLLO

Grimes to clarke, mzungu to boyd? Marty could benefit with ball going out and will bolster your def a bit.  Meanwhile, boyd pumps out huge scores to strenghten ur mids and gets rid of your bye problem with 3 round 12 premo mids out.