Trade Ideas

Started by GoLions, April 16, 2012, 06:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Ok, so like many others, I was a bit unfortunate this week. Leuenberger, Fyfe, Dempsey. Now, I'm not saying this is definetely what I am going to do, but I thought that I would run a few thoughts by you guys and see if anyone agrees, or can help me to make a better decision, as I don't want to be panicking TOO much come Friday night.

So, I have $83,500 in the bank, and 22 trades remaining.

I have heard that Dempsey being subbed off was just a precaution, so I will most likely hold on to him and play Morris instead.

Leuenberger is apparently out for at least 6 weeks, but I have Giles and Redden on the bench, so I could just leave him there if it's less than 8 weeks I think, or I could get someone like Naitanui or Kreuzer. Another option would be to downgrade him to Longer/Stephenson.

Finally, Fyfe. I could upgrade him to Franklin, which is almost certain. Was hoping to get Buddy a bit later in the season, hoping that he would go down around 50k or so in price. How quickly things can change. By doing this, I would also still have enough to go Leuenberger to Naitanui, but not too keen on a double trade this week, as my league game doesn't seem too difficult, and I'm not going for overall (this year).

So what are all of your thoughts/ideas on what I have previously mentioned. Seem like good ideas, or are there some better ones? Please comment, as my score of 1952 is my lowest since 2010, and i want to get back in the 2000's straight away, hopefully back to scores of 2200+  :)

Thanks in advance.

lewis

Without knowing who you have in your team.....big power forwards can do well this week.....cloke on a mission make up for his non effort last week....Tippett/walker against the giants boomer harvey is consistently good..you still have decent options for fyfe. Bench luey and ride the giles/redden wave then trade up to whoever is top 2 in rucks. Bench Dempsey you will eventually trade him for premium.

GoLions

Quote from: lewis on April 16, 2012, 07:11:32 PM
Without knowing who you have in your team.....big power forwards can do well this week.....cloke on a mission make up for his non effort last week....Tippett/walker against the giants boomer harvey is consistently good..you still have decent options for fyfe. Bench luey and ride the giles/redden wave then trade up to whoever is top 2 in rucks. Bench Dempsey you will eventually trade him for premium.
Yeah my forward line is very weak, which is why I'm looking to get Franklin now. Rest of my team is quite solid for now. Tippett and Walker too inconsistent imo. Harvey and Cloke not bad ideas, but for now I'm sold on Buddy. Will most likely play Giles/Redden as you said, but if leuenberger is going to be out for a while, then I will most likely upgrade or downgrade him in the next 2 weeks.

lewis

Hey dude in no way was I saying don't go for Buddy  :P I'm a hawk supporter and Buddy was 1st picked for fwds I also have whitecross as he is an absolute gun...other inside hawk supporters would know this. Buddy away in Perth is a tough ask would probably sit tight get him the round after.

Roughy for luey could be an option for you as well if you were pursuing a 2 week time frame.

Colliwobblers

burger was never quite right this season, could be a long time until he is back and even longer until he is back to his best.

Burger to Longer / Kruezer / Keeper ( requires downgrade elsewhere) can wait until you cash in first ripe rook!

Fyfe - Franklin or any other premium FWD is a must if you want to go up in score straight away.

You can risk Fyfe to a mid pricer to upgrade burger this round if there is one you like.

Dangerfield and Johnson are looking safe bets this season. There are a few others.

You can also wait for a premium fwd to drop, plenty are coming down fast and a long way but that means an extra rook on your fwdline field for a round or two...

lewis

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 16, 2012, 07:42:35 PM
burger was never quite right this season, could be a long time until he is back and even longer until he is back to his best.

Burger to Longer / Kruezer / Keeper ( requires downgrade elsewhere) can wait until you cash in first ripe rook!

Fyfe - Franklin or any other premium FWD is a must if you want to go up in score straight away.

You can risk Fyfe to a mid pricer to upgrade burger this round if there is one you like.

Dangerfield and Johnson are looking safe bets this season. There are a few others.

You can also wait for a premium fwd to drop, plenty are coming down fast and a long way but that means an extra rook on your fwdline field for a round or two...

Agree fwds are tumbling...put into perspective ROK b/e 232 stevie J 185 Pav 166 buddy 155 chappy 139 T cloke 129....although I wouldn't put it past both stevie J and Chappy to go BANG! against the tiges.

GoLions

Quote from: lewis on April 16, 2012, 07:53:05 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 16, 2012, 07:42:35 PM

Agree fwds are tumbling...put into perspective ROK b/e 232 stevie J 185 Pav 166 buddy 155 chappy 139 T cloke 129....although I wouldn't put it past both stevie J and Chappy to go BANG! against the tiges.
Yeah all forwards been quite terrible this year. Well the premiums anyway. I think Pavlich and Stevie J will improve though, will be looking to get them in later on in the season hopefully. I agree with the "Chappy and Stevie J to go bang". Im expecting SJ to get around the 140 mark, and Chappy hopefully 120, as I have him in my team, although a 160+ would be greatly appreciated, especially after last week  :P

charliesheen

Sorry.  Can you explain what your current ruck set up looks like again?

Bit confused.

GoLions

Quote from: charliesheen on April 16, 2012, 09:28:57 PM
Sorry.  Can you explain what your current ruck set up looks like again?

Bit confused.
Mumford, Leuenberger (Giles, Redden)

charliesheen

Normally I would suggest 3RR.  But I don't know if I can really trust Mumford with that structure.   :-\  Really liking Naitanui and Ryder right now.

Lets assume you go 3RR, will the cash freed up help with any corrections you need to do with your team right now?   Better yet can you post entire team in this thread.

GoLions

Quote from: charliesheen on April 16, 2012, 09:44:53 PM
Normally I would suggest 3RR.  But I don't know if I can really trust Mumford with that structure.   :-\  Really liking Naitanui and Ryder right now.

Lets assume you go 3RR, will the cash freed up help with any corrections you need to do with your team right now?
Either way I can go Fyfe to Franklin if Fyfe is out for a while. I'm not even sure if i will trade Leuey tbh, might be a waste of a trade seeing as I will have used at least 3 by the start of round 4 (assuming i trade fyfe). If i dont need to trade him, I won't. It will not make a difference to the Fyfe to Franklin trade. I just want to know if Mumford and Giles will cut it considering I am not going for overall, and this week at least I feel pretty comfortable with my league games.

charliesheen

Ahhh your going for League.  Regardless, would still cut Leuy as part of your correctional trades.  When he returns, he is going to be extremely under done.

Can post entire team?

Jake8

Quote from: charliesheen on April 16, 2012, 09:54:37 PM
Ahhh your going for League.  Regardless, would still cut Leuy as part of your correctional trades.  When he returns, he is going to be extremely under done.

Can post entire team?
+1

GoLions

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Clarke, Bugg, Morris (Dempsey, Ellis)
Mid: Ablett, J Selwood, Rockliff, Mitchell, JMac, Magner (Shiel, Coniglio)
Ruck: Mumford, Leuenberger (Giles, Redden)
Fwd: Chapman, Martin, Fyfe, Porplyzia, A Kennedy, D Smith, Milera (Hall, Dickson)

My forward line really needs some work, I know that much. Quite happy with the rest of my team though. Downgrading Leuey could help with an extra upgrade in the forward line though, perhaps porpz when he maxes out or Hall?

GoLions

Oh and $83,500 remaining in case you havn't seen that up the top.