Main Menu

ANZAC Day Blockbuster

Started by Doyle, April 16, 2012, 06:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle

I was just wondering if the match will be played on Anzac Day which I believe is on the Wednesday

Justin Bieber

Yes that is correct. On the Wednesday.

Doyle

Quote from: whatlez on April 16, 2012, 06:04:09 PM

Essendon will be shattered ! Or very tired at least.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Doyle on April 16, 2012, 06:06:13 PM

Yeah that is the concern, if either team lose the week after, the excuses will be coming ;D

Cookie Monster

Quote from: whatlez on April 16, 2012, 06:07:31 PM

Yeah that is the concern, if either team lose the week after, the excuses will be coming ;D
Not really, we have brisbane a week and a half after it.

but having Carlton, then 4 days after Collingwood, feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck

But i give the bombers a chance against Collingwood, they have no Tarrant or Reid to take, Crameri, Hurley, Bellchambers/Ryder and maybe even Carlisle

Doyle

Quote from: Cookie Monster on April 16, 2012, 06:15:00 PM

but having Carlton, then 4 days after Collingwood, feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck

But i give the bombers a chance against Collingwood, they have no Tarrant or Reid to take, Crameri, Hurley, Bellchambers/Ryder and maybe even Carlisle

Just to clear it up, the Pies and the Bombers play on Wednesday this, week, then have the weekend off and play normal again the following week?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Doyle on April 16, 2012, 06:18:58 PM

Just to clear it up, the Pies and the Bombers play on Wednesday this, week, then have the weekend off and play normal again the following week?

Correct thats why both teams will struggle the week after.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: whatlez on April 16, 2012, 06:20:58 PM

Not really, we it's not like they bye, we play a game, recover Thursday, Friday. Take the weekend and observe Brisbane or whoever Collingwood is playing, then back to training again.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cookie Monster on April 16, 2012, 06:23:01 PM

Not really, we it's not like they bye, we play a game, recover Thursday, Friday. Take the weekend and observe Brisbane or whoever Collingwood is playing, then back to training again.

Yes you are right, but they play Carlton on Saturday then play Collingwood Wednesday.

AFEV

Quote from: whatlez on April 16, 2012, 07:19:14 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on April 16, 2012, 06:23:01 PM

Yes you are right, but they play Carlton on Saturday then play Collingwood Wednesday.
Collingwood has to play on the Saturday as well though...So no excuses.

TheMailman

That was a match and a half

Boomz

AFEV

Well as much as the advantage call and the holding on Heppell late in the game annoyed me - it was a good game. I can hardly blame our loss on those 2 instances as Collingwood was clearly better today.
Good news is now we have a week and a half to lick our wounds, and prepare for Brisbane.

Well done Collingwood and in particular Dane Swan. Although I'm rather annoyed at him right now as I don't have him in SC/DT to soften the blow!

Doyle

What a great match, nothing more to be said, just look at the score line ::)

Boomz