Main Menu

Slow

Started by Cicjose, April 16, 2012, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

Is it just me or is the website really slow?  ???

i'm finding it very difficult to open the forum to access any topic as over the last week it has been extremely slow to load

i have just given up half the time due to sheer frustration because it hardly ever loaded the topics just the background to the page

i know m0nty is working hard to make the forum work even with the large traffic that this place has,
but as a suggestion, does m0nty have a ghost site (one he can test the code with, separate to the main site)

or is it more due to the large number of users on the forum that i'm experiencing this issue?

sorry if my suggestion is already being implemented

Keep up the good work m0nty

bomberboy0618

Just run a speed test on your internet because I experience it definitely on the weekends, but not usually during the week.

Justin Bieber

I usually get connection problems on weekends.

Cicjose

it was fine only a week ago so yeah not sure

atm going through the speed tests

m0nty

There were some "too many connections" issues on the weekend, which was of course due to heavy traffic. It didn't seem too bad though.

Ringo

Quote from: m0nty on April 16, 2012, 05:07:55 PM
There were some "too many connections" issues on the weekend, which was of course due to heavy traffic. It didn't seem too bad though.
Thanks Monty - I had the too many connections message a couple of times over the weekend but whilst annoying at the time was ok a little later.  Think with what this site provides we need to realise that traffic on weekends will be heavy.

Cicjose

this problem doesn't happen to me as often during the weekend

more so during the week

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cicjose on April 16, 2012, 06:31:54 PM

this problem doesn't happen to me as often during the weekend

more so during the week

Then there is a problem with your internet

Cicjose

but i can access every website that i use perfectly normally except this one

pyronerd

There were a showerload "too many connections" issues every weekend, which was of course due to heavy traffic. It's terrible and we should update the servers.

Windigo

I'm getting a lot of connection issues just try to post this.  :P

Master Q

Same.

"Connection Issues"

He-

"Connection Issues"

-Re

:P

upthemaidens

i have to say im having a few problems,
    but that could be my cpu being old and crusty since every site seems to be stuffin up :P

Ringo

Must admit tonight I have had more too many connections, server reset, connections problems than usual. But seems to be working ok now as i get up to date.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Ringo on May 06, 2012, 09:56:29 PM
Must admit tonight I have had more too many connections, server reset, connections problems than usual. But seems to be working ok now as i get up to date.
Same. I couldn't access the forums from around 5-8pm Sunday night.
The FanFooty main page was fine though.