Main Menu

Slow

Started by Cicjose, April 16, 2012, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

yes, IF the RAM was actually upgraded, then it didn't have much of an effect

Beard

Throughout the weekends, when FF is busy, and I load the page, there is a message saying that the server is busy. This has happened many times and slowed down the FF site.

Is there anything that came be done to increase the server strength so that more people can access FF without having to put up with the lag?

Ringo

This has been reported a couple of times over the last couple of weeks.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,55783.30.html

Monty it is still quite a common occurrence especially at the moment I have had about 6/8 in the last half hour.  Know that there are games going in and even when I want to check stats can get a too many connections or server busy message. Even this is my third attempt to post into this thread.  You do an excellent job with the site so just passing on my comments. Being a lions man obviously quite happy today.!!!!

pyronerd

Been happening all season, and I keep bugging M0nty to upgrade the server, but he never does :P

m0nty

Actually I did upgrade the RAM a week or two ago.

I think there may have been an issue with the links on the live pages going to the www server, which I fixed late on Sunday. Hopefully that will take the pressure off somewhat next week.

I will look into putting the forums on a separate server in future, that would hopefully solve the problem once and for all.

Ringo

Thanks for the update Monty.  Look forward to it and keep up the excellent work you do with the site.

Cicjose

Quote from: m0nty on June 03, 2012, 09:07:26 PM
Actually I did upgrade the RAM a week or two ago.

I think there may have been an issue with the links on the live pages going to the www server, which I fixed late on Sunday. Hopefully that will take the pressure off somewhat next week.

I will look into putting the forums on a separate server in future, that would hopefully solve the problem once and for all.

thanks champ

bensl

it has been unbearably slow for me all weekend.  took me a 1min 25sec to open this page!

all other browsing is fine.

Shaggy

This is terribly slow right now for me. Anyone else experiencing the slow load times?

Boomz

Nope fine for me atm.

stew42

Quote from: bensl on June 17, 2012, 09:46:22 PM
it has been unbearably slow for me all weekend.  took me a 1min 25sec to open this page!

all other browsing is fine.
Quote from: Shaggy on June 19, 2012, 05:19:41 PM
This is terribly slow right now for me. Anyone else experiencing the slow load times?

I'm also experiencing slow load times on the forum pages, any ideas why?

Ziplock

I'm alright atm.

had connection issues on the weekend again though :P

stew42

All better now... weird ???

stew42

Quote from: stew42 on July 12, 2012, 11:34:04 PM
All better now... weird ???
...and now it's slow.

bensl

for me its gone from running fine all last week to unbearbly slow now.  any reason why?

i would search but that would take me all night at this speed!