Jack Ziebell

Started by Luigi197, April 16, 2012, 02:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

How gain would you be to trade him in?

132 points against Geelong, priced at 428k, could be a gem this year.
I know he was hyped pre-season, but lost interest due to his absence in round 1 and 2.

Wait another game?
Get him?
First time lucky score from him?

ben_020285

Definitely wait. I think he may be a bit of a rollercoaster. Won't be one of the top 12 highest averaging mids by season's end anyway.

Luigi197

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 16, 2012, 02:20:07 PM
Definitely wait. I think he may be a bit of a rollercoaster. Won't be one of the top 12 highest averaging mids by season's end anyway.

Would you trade our Martin for him? OR is that too risky?

ben_020285

I wouldn't. Martin will come good but it will be later in the season once Richmond's draw becomes easy. Personally I wouldn't have started with him but if you've got him now then I reckon you should keep him.

Mat0369

If he was not suspended I would have started the season with him. He busted out some huge scores in the second half of last season. If you want to get rid of Martin for him do it this week as Martin will likely drop in price. If you are thinking of trading Fyfe and want some cash I would wait a week to see how he goes. I can see him averaging around 110-115 at the end of the season. He has the ability to bust out a 150+ score but also have a few scores around 70.

Wolf67

I had ziebell in my pre season plans as a break out contender.  I wasn't game enough to have him in from the start because of him missing R1 and 2, so i ultmately went for a safer option. 

I was at the game and saw him yesterday and he looked very good.  A goal kicking mid fielder is gold in SC, so he could be very good this year.  I will most likely trade him in at the end of next week on the bubble.

First pre season he has ever done after 2 broken legs and averaged 120 in the past 6 weeks of last year, so now that he has a good fitness base, he looks set for a good season.

hannebery2rohan

if he's still averaging around 120 around when the byes come about, he will definitely make his way into a lot of teams.

but i wouldn't trade him in on the back of a great 1st game for the season. unless you are trading out fyfe for him luigi?

Luigi197

Thanks for the updates, theories, facts and comments guys.

I currently have 2 dpp links with my centers and fwds; meanwhile my 3 midfield premiums are travelling well (Ablett, Boyd and Joel Selwood), but then my fwds are letting me down (Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Pavlich and Martin).
Considering trading out Martin....

thoughts?

hannebery2rohan

definitely not if it's for martin, this week anyway. although i could understand if ziebell puts in another 120+ game this weekend and martin puts in another below-par shift that it should be considered strongly next week.

Luigi197

So you are pretty much saying that there is a bit too much risk involved in trading him in this week; although the chances are in favour of Martin having another spudathon, and Ziebell gettting a ton...
I understand that.

So it would depend how gain i am to to the trade this week, instead of next week.

I will have a think about it.

Thanks! :)

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Luigi197 on April 16, 2012, 04:01:02 PM
Thanks for the updates, theories, facts and comments guys.

I currently have 2 dpp links with my centers and fwds; meanwhile my 3 midfield premiums are travelling well (Ablett, Boyd and Joel Selwood), but then my fwds are letting me down (Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Pavlich and Martin).
Considering trading out Martin....

thoughts?

If you started with Martin, keep him.
He'll come good and you'll end up trading him back in.

You're forwards honestly look fine to me.

If you can't afford to upgrade a rookie to JZ, give him a miss.

hannebery2rohan

yeah, you never know. the 130 he scored against geelong might have been a 1 off and he might end up only getting 70-80 against sydney. martin will come good, although i could understand if people were looking to jump ship. i mean, plenty already have with broughton.

Luigi197

However, I have too many underperformers in my fwds.
I am saved by my wonderful midfielders; and if Martin to JZ means more consistency AND cash i will consider it.
However JZ scored a ton against Geelong. If Martin can do the same this week, i'll keep him.

Luigi197

And yes, I may end up trading him back in later, if i trade him out, but that would only be if he goes down considerable in price, and i can do something like Milera to Marting if i have the cash.

If you think about, if JZ can perform this week again, i see no reason to do the trade simply to get more points for my team early on in the season.

crabapples

just my oppinion. i have martin am dissapointed but will be keeping him, but this week him and his tiger mates are going to get SMASHED!!!!! absolutely cream pied in the face!! BUKAKE!!!! last time North beat geelong was round 5 2007 now i know its a differant team now but the following week this happened...

2007   R6   Richmond   1.1   2.7   5.9   9.11   (65)   lost to   Geelong   10.2   20.6   29.9   35.12   (222)

i dont know if anyone saw richmond play on the weekend allthough they won by 10 goals or whatever it was they were pretty poor, and im tipping another pumping from the cats this week...

Now as for Ziebel if his legs stay together properly he will be right up there by the end of the year, his average is seriousley affected by the slow start he had to last year. i think he deserves a bit more respect than he's getting with comments saying that his score on the weekend were a fluke LOL!!!!!... maybe you guys should do a bit more research into this guy and see what he's been through over the course of his career so far and you will see what he's capable of.