Goodes & Lake may get 1 week each

Started by Griffo1982, April 16, 2012, 12:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffo1982

Just found this article that says it looks like both Lake & Goodes may get 1 week each which isnt the worst result but if you have Fyfe & Dempsey it makes for a difficult head to head this round.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/13425736/whistleblower-its-bad-for-goodes/

hannebery2rohan

first sign of things perhaps becoming a little pear-shaped for me.  :P

will have to trade fyfe once it's confirmed he's out for the year. i have goodes as well, but the problem lies with the bench. smedts and milera! i hope at least one of them is right to play this weekend. don't have lake though. so that's 1 less headache. lol

ando_10

Quote from: Griffo1982 on April 16, 2012, 12:19:55 PM
Just found this article that says it looks like both Lake & Goodes may get 1 week each which isnt the worst result but if you have Fyfe & Dempsey it makes for a difficult head to head this round.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/13425736/whistleblower-its-bad-for-goodes/
dempsey will play

and i traded fyfe but yes your right

it is a head ache for us goodes and lake owners

Ringo

Hope the article is wrong with Franklin tripping though otherwise we may all cop donuts

jfitty

I'd be happy if they both only got 1 week, could have been a lot worse. Means I'll only have to ditch Fyfe

Torress

lake is in trouble i'd say atleast 2 weeks there, even though it wasn't a big hit.

i thought goodes was after the pill, you could argue he was defending his body i reckon goodesy will get thrown out (hopefully!!!!!!)

what happend with buddy? tripped someone?

thatguy

Goodes is in big trouble. got one week in NAB Cup for same thing, and has carry over points.

not getting the msg old mate goodsey

Noz

Quote from: Ringo on April 16, 2012, 12:32:36 PM
Hope the article is wrong with Franklin tripping though otherwise we may all cop donuts
Franklins tripping was on purpose he just grabbed Johncocks leg and pulled him to the ground, I reckon he will miss 1 maybe 2 with his poor record

hannebery2rohan

Quote from: Noz on April 16, 2012, 01:52:28 PM
Franklins tripping was on purpose he just grabbed Johncocks leg and pulled him to the ground, I reckon he will miss 1 maybe 2 with his poor record

it's a free kick and that's it. seriously if he gets a week for that, i'm throwing in footy.

SydneyRox

Quote from: hannebery2rohan on April 16, 2012, 03:29:50 PM
Quote from: Noz on April 16, 2012, 01:52:28 PM

it's a free kick and that's it. seriously if he gets a week for that, i'm throwing in footy.

did you see what he did?

It was like he was in the WWE and wanted to put and ankle lock on!

He will go for 1-2 for sure - but you expect that from Buddy

Goodes worries me - hasnt missed a game in 205 or so. His defense might be that Surjan also went in legs first...

hannebery2rohan

yeah i seen it. and there is no way it's a reportable offence.

seems quite similar to this: http://youtu.be/3Oro4_a0zYo go to 3:45 in the video. yeah, it was 9 years ago. but i doubt the rule has changed much and that wasn't even a free kick.

i think the only reason it's recieving such a beat up is because buddy has a poor record at the tribunal. and johncock wasn't even moving and it wasn't as if franklin stuck out a leg a'la fletcher style, which would have warranted a suspension.

tor01doc

Buddy's tackle slipped - that's all!

FoRDYHaWKS

Lake will easy get 1, maybe 2.
Goodes should get 1.
Buddy didn't even trip Johncock. (Johncock was standing over Buddy and tried to take off but Buddy held onto his leg. Not Tripping. Just a free kick. Flower off MRP, lol.

tor01doc

Rusty00

I cannot believe the Franklin "incident" was even mentioned on here!

1 to 2 weeks suspension for grabbing an opponent's leg! What are you trying to do to our game?!?!