Main Menu

Birchell??

Started by chowder, April 15, 2012, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chowder

What happened to birchell,injured?

S_Coach99

I was going to start a thread, then saw this one...

Is it bad, did it look bad?

Any chance of weeks of or too early to say?

Tainey

He copped a knock to his knee - didn't look too serious but they subbed him off at 3Q time just to be safe.

jamesalex

Will he be out for long? This has been the craziest week of injuries!

GlassHarmonium

I missed all the game, and on his icon its says 'ligament issues' that doesnt sound great...anyone know how long hes gone for?

leighroids

Ive got Birchall also, i sure cracked it wen he came off considering he was piling up the points. Just listening to Clarko's press conference and in his words "he just copped a kick to the calf" He didnt seem at all concerned/worried and made no reference to the idea of one of his better defenders possibly not playing next week. All seemed to say was, it worked out well cause it gave them an opportunity to bring Savage on. If the injury were anything serious and resulting in him missing games, then Clarko wouldnt have been that positive.
He'll be right  ;)

roo boys!

98 in three quarters, very happy with Birch, as long as he pulls up well.

BlackMamba

It looked like a knock to the knee but the commentators were saying he was subbed just in case another Luke Ball incident happened and all the legal ramifications that may come with him getting injured again if they left him on field.

Slashers

Quote from: BlackMamba on April 15, 2012, 10:24:13 PM
It looked like a knock to the knee but the commentators were saying he was subbed just in case another Luke Ball incident happened and all the legal ramifications that may come with him getting injured again if they left him on field.
OMG, is footy really going to go down that path?

Colliwobblers

that was all BS about Ball, as if eddie wouldn't look after him. Eddie said it was all sweet on his show tonight, maybe the hawks were playing it safe but for the good of having him healthy long term not for legal reasons surely.

there is no way the players haven't signed a waiver on injury issues - is there?

i reckon as for the injury, it's like dempseys they thought the game was won which it was so rested him to play it safe is all

JamSainter

Quote from: BlackMamba on April 15, 2012, 10:24:13 PM
That's just Channel 7 trying to make a boring game interesting.

ajjewell

If Ball did seek damages it wouldn't have been the first time a player has sued over an injury with Shaun Rehn, Phil Krakouer, Joe Misiti and Luke O'Sullivan all successfully seeking compensation from venues for unsafe playing surfaces

thatguy

i would take anything Clarkson has to say with a grain of salt.

not exactly renowned for telling 100% truth. there is no way birch had a calf prob.

it is definitely his knee region, anyone watching the game could see that and when he was on the bench just before 3/4 time the medicos were strapping his knee

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: ajjewell on April 16, 2012, 11:22:38 AM
If Ball did seek damages it wouldn't have been the first time a player has sued over an injury with Shaun Rehn, Phil Krakouer, Joe Misiti and Luke O'Sullivan all successfully seeking compensation from venues for unsafe playing surfaces

But the playing surface wasn't the issue in this case.
It's the fact that he was sent back out after getting the first knock, which could possibly have contributed to the full ACL.

tor01doc

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 16, 2012, 02:21:54 PM
If you're going to make an appreciation thread for a player, at least spell his name correctly.  :P