LAKE SUSPENDED

Started by Colliwobblers, April 15, 2012, 01:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 15, 2012, 11:31:57 AM
Quote from: HotTiges on April 15, 2012, 10:17:29 AM
bet if they left Dempsey on he could of torn his hammy, which do you prefer.. have to err on the side of caution. Prob be a 2-3 weeker. Lake is a worry but hopefully Morris and Ellis have done enough to cover, although playing Geelong is a tough job.

Quote:

Defender Courtenay Dempsey was subbed early in the match due to hamstring tightness but Hird said his removal was merely cautionary following the backman's knee reconstruction.

Dempsey will be available to line up against Carlton next week, which will be welcome news for a Bomber outfit already missing its fair share of players.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/newsId/133085/Default.aspx

mpollock

Thanks for the link  ;D

twinkle

Read this in another forum:

"Will probably be intentional, high contact, low impact. That's level 3 and 225pts for striking. I think Lake has a 5 year good record and with early plea could reduce it to 112.5pts and 1 week. Even without good record, it should be 1 week with early plea.

Edit: If considered same as Scarlett, i.e. med impact. Then it's lvl 4 and 325pts. Without good record, that drops to 2 weeks with 25% plea. If he has good record, it drops to 1 game with record + early plea.

Remember Scarlett had 20% loading and about 55pts carryover.
"

If he is right then hopefully only 1-week.

Looking at the incident, although soft, hard to see him getting off completely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC04hmIm2SM

Bill Manspeaker

it just gets worse and worse every time i watch it. such a weak act. Simpkin had his head down, ready to get back in position and Lake looks at him and gives him one? i can't get my head around it. so weak.

there should be a MRP rule saying "any un-Australian act automatically gets 4+ weeks"

mpollock

Lakes was no weaker then Scarlett ... I know Scarlett hit a serial pest but he isn't exactly a big guy Ballantyne!!
Hall was even worse ... he is an ex pro fighter ... really no need for that crap on the footy field these days!!

Regarless ... entertaining to watch  ;)

meow meow

Quote from: brad on April 15, 2012, 02:15:06 PM
it just gets worse and worse every time i watch it. such a weak act. Simpkin had his head down, ready to get back in position and Lake looks at him and gives him one? i can't get my head around it. so weak.

there should be a MRP rule saying "any un-Australian act automatically gets 4+ weeks"

STFU you whinger. Simpkin was trying to act tough and gave Lake a shove. What about Riewoldt sticking his knee into Boyd who was on the ground after trying to lay a tackle? That deserve 4 weeks too? Of course you won't think so, since you're obviously a St Kilda White Goodman.

HotTiges

just saw it on After The Bounce.. looks Scarlett like with histrionics.. Mind you simpkin with the comb over.. one direction style

TheMailman

Quote from: meow meow on April 15, 2012, 09:48:59 PM

STFU you whinger. Simpkin was trying to act tough and gave Lake a shove. What about Riewoldt sticking his knee into Boyd who was on the ground after trying to lay a tackle? That deserve 4 weeks too? Of course you won't think so, since you're obviously a St Kilda White Goodman.

lol you have so many personalities Meow

Bill Manspeaker

ah so you're one of those douche bags are ya.. man that sucks.. good luck with that

Riewoldt gave Boyd a nudge with his knee, as if to say "ha, suck shower", which i agree with you on that, it is also a person move.

but to punch a dude in the face because he laid a tackle and things didn't work out well for you.. just weak

Colliwobblers

agree with you both but i think the whole entire st kilda outfit is unaustralian, what with all thier "off field incidents" some of them might be decent blokes, but i seriously doubt it,

ok so sure some are but i'll just generalise and hate the whole team :)

BlackMamba

Agree with you Colli, the Saints sure do have one of best cultures in the AFL.

Colliwobblers

yeah no disrespect to the fans tho really not thier fault, I hope they change it up when the old guys move on and they finally change the stagnant talent pool culture and bring up new and fasolo fresh talent.

you see spud on the footy shows so proud of the club its a shame to have had so many douch bags playing for it recently, and i reckon blokes like lenny and goddard would have been celebrated a lot more if not playing in that side over recent years.

its kinda like the interstate teams, (pav being the perfect example) people just don't want to notice them.

Bosh

For Brad...
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,54023.60.html
And maybe meow..  :P

Bill Manspeaker

haha thanks mate.. all good though anger is vented. we got a win and i look forward to beating Freo  8)

brutal

Quote from: brad on April 15, 2012, 11:57:23 PM

ah so you're one of those douche bags are ya.. man that sucks.. good luck with that

Riewoldt gave Boyd a nudge with his knee, as if to say "ha, suck shower", which i agree with you on that, it is also a person move.

but to punch a dude in the face because he laid a tackle and things didn't work out well for you.. just weak

cheer for you meow!

how many buzzwords can you force into your speeches?  'weak,' 'unaustralian,' 'person' blah blah blah.  what a load of rhetorical crap.  simpkin was just being a fkn twit and copped the slightest of love taps - he would have barely even felt it.  get over it