LAKE SUSPENDED

Started by Colliwobblers, April 15, 2012, 01:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Lake is going to get suspended for the punch in the jaw he threw out, wasnt any different to scarletts except the guy didnt take a dive after it,

was nothing in it but he did punch the guy in the jaw going to get a couple of weeks

just in case you have him like me and want something more to go wrong this round :)

ubeaut

He just sucked us all in to keep him wiith 110. And then does this and gets 70. >:( Hope he gets off.

Colliwobblers

70 in a loss that bad is a decent enough score for what we paid for him, but he'll be on my bench with dempsey for a week or two now!

just loving super coach 2012 :)

meow meow

Blame the coach for saying Lake should be more like Matthew Scarlett.

McCartney is a joke of a coach btw.

Bill Manspeaker

as a Saints supporter, this may sound a bit biased.. but that is as weak as it gets. Lake punches a dude that plays on the opposite end of the ground than him, Simpkin had no influence on Lake's lame ass game, yet he takes it out on him with a person ass punch? weak as a dog. a dog is actually a compliment to him. a germ, a parasite, a maggot on a steaming pile of horse shower. i hope Lake gets 5+ weeks for it, just due to the fact that it was as weak as it gets. Simpkin will be a better player than Lake ever was, and ever will be.

brutal

that has to be one of the more ridiculous things ive read tonight..

this part was my favourite  ;D
Quote from: brad on April 15, 2012, 01:52:04 AM
Simpkin will be a better player than Lake ever was, and ever will be.

Bill Manspeaker

i stand by it. he will be mate

mpollock

Not sure why but I get the impression @brad is not a fan of Lake  ;D

I know my team next week could easily be without Goodes, Fyfe and Dempsey ... glad I don't have lake but lost a zillion points this week with Pendles as captain instead of Ablett!!  :'(

Is it worth keeping Dempsey or Lake if they are out for 2-3?  Kind of an awkward amount of time ... might be time to get Carrazzo or Birchall?? ...

Bill Manspeaker

i just don't like dudes who wear dresses and put lipstick on every morning.

i mean people jumped all over Scarlett last week for giving Ballantyne pretty much the exact same punch. but at leat Ballantyne deserved it.. .. but punch a dude because you're no good? weak as flower Brian.

mpollock

I have no doubt Lake will cop a similar suspension to Scarlett.  :)

When i first saw it i thought it was a gently love tap ... but watching it again it was almost identical to Scarletts without the Ballantyne carry on ...

The Goodes report was total rubbish ... and needs to be dismissed ... you can't punch a guy in the face (that is old school stuff and has no place in today's game) but if Goodes gets rubbed out (which i am sure he will as a precedent was set previously) it highlights how soft the game is getting!!

hannebery2rohan

he was on my 'watch' list. if he pumped out another tonne and golby stunk it up i was going to get on him. but, the suspension has put an arrow through that, thankfully.

PizzleDizzle

Quote from: meow meow on April 15, 2012, 01:45:28 AM
Blame the coach for saying Lake should be more like Matthew Scarlett.

McCartney is a joke of a coach btw.

McCartney a joke??? I'm a pies man and hate Geelong....mainly because of this man...do some research on their rise to greatness, i think you'll find he had a lot more to do with it than the players and Thompson!!

bomberboy0618

Quote from: brad on April 15, 2012, 01:52:04 AM
as a Saints supporter, this may say a bit biased.. but that is as weak as it gets. Lake punches a dude that plays on the opposite end of the ground than him, Simpkin had no influence on Lake's lame ass game, yet he takes it out on him with a person ass punch? weak as a dog. a dog is actually a compliment to him. a germ, a parasite, a maggot on a steaming pile of horse shower. i hope Lake gets 5+ weeks for it, just due to the fact that it was as weak as it gets. Simpkin will be a better player than Lake ever was, and ever will be.
Did you want him to turkey slap him instead? That would make St Kilda players very happy.

Footyrulz

well now i have fyfe, dempsey and lake. plus this week i had them plus milera and c smith on field. anyone else in this situation?

roo boys!

Got both Lake and Goodes, more worried about Lake because as has already been mentioned, you just don't punch a guy in the face and get away with it. Goodes should be alright, but a bit worried due to his similar incident in the NAB Cup copping 1 week.