Dempsey has been subbed

Started by Noz, April 14, 2012, 09:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolfugitiv0

He'll play next week vs Carlton.

mpollock

He will almost certainly get the sub however against Carlton!!

Colliwobblers

he won't be sub they need him on the field

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 15, 2012, 02:03:30 PM
he won't be sub they need him on the field
+1

Either he's right to go, or he isn't.
Won't be the sub.

Noz

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on April 15, 2012, 01:16:48 PM
He'll play next week vs Carlton.
+1 with the amount of injuries Essendon are having he will play, His not going to start as the sub but a good chance he will get subbed off

hannebery2rohan

Quote from: The Bomber on April 15, 2012, 11:06:23 AM
Quote from: hannebery2rohan on April 15, 2012, 03:13:31 AM
Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on April 15, 2012, 03:05:23 AM
Quote from: hannebery2rohan on April 15, 2012, 02:42:03 AM
Quote from: Noz on April 14, 2012, 11:48:58 PM
Roughly 340k

no where near it. 295k.

the worst part of it for dempsey owners will be having that 6 rolling through his average when he gets back, so he might not end up making big $$$'s afterall.
He shall once that 6 is out of his rolling average!

lol. well i suppose most will have picked him as a mid-pricer to turn into a keeper. so perhaps the money isn't really the issue for most. but in the event his scoring did turn a bit pear-shaped at least they would have made money on him which would have been a great investment. which is pretty much null and void now considering his injury and the length of time it will take for him to start making $ again. he'll be out of a lot of teams this week and i reckon to geary.

and for those who traded him in this week it is double as costly...but wouldnt trust geary yet on the fantasy scene

yeah, but would it really surprise you if people jumped on someone who's running a bit hot despite not being a great option over the course of a season?

enzedder

I'm not trading him out. He was traded for Broughton due to Broughton's low scoring and playing in a negating role. Dempsey was scoring well in an attacking role and was considerably cheaper.
On the evidence of one game it is easy to say a mistake was made. However there are 19 rounds to go and I am hopeful that Dempsey will pick up his scores. Sure his 6 counts against his money making ability for the next two games but that was only a small part of the attraction for me. I was and still am hopeful that he will be a keeper as D7 or similar. In addition to this I sure am not going to burn an extra trade on him when I don't have to.
The one thing that sucks for me is that Broughton may now score well due to Fyfe's injury and be given that midfield role that it seemed likely he was going to have anyway. With hindsight I wouldn't have done it. Probably even more sucky for me is I have Fyfe too.
The one shining light...I got Masten with the cash and that part looks money well spent.
My advice to Dempsey's owners is to sit tight.

hannebery2rohan

he was playing defensive with mundy being out and barlow being a sub. i'm not sure how it will change all that much despite fyfe being out now that mundy and barlow will be back full time. i traded him out too and in hindsight i wish i went another option to begin with. whether or not he starts scoring ok. i was sucked into the hype.

bjrouse

Quote from: enzedder on April 16, 2012, 07:53:56 AM
My advice to Dempsey's owners is to sit tight.

Alot of people, including myself, said sit tight on Broughton....Why listen now