Top 10 Tips for round 3 - Reviewed

Started by Cruiseon, April 13, 2012, 04:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

So many questions, so many options!

I thought I'd provide a very quick and basic top ten tips for the round.

1) If you don't have Magner in your team do not go to the toilet, do not even scratch your head, just get him in right now, he is a must!

2) Don't change your overall strategy of number of Premiums and rookies after two weeks, stick to your guns.

3) Trading out Broughton & Shaw are trades wasted. Trades are like gold come August, and you'll be saying "what was I thinking" (unless of course they get injured in the meantime).

4) GAJ is the best option for Captain this week (and most weeks). The only other sensible temptation this week is probably Goddard.

5) As per point three don't go trading Cox, Mumford or Leuy, they will come good over time and be around the mark. 

6) My main trading tip for round 3 is get your rookies right. Back the right horse now and you'll be collecting the cash in 2-3 weeks for upgrades

7) Go to point 1. Did I mention Magner!

8 ) Don't get too drawn into player roles & the impact of new coaches. In Supercoach in particular, a defender who historically scores will also score in a lock down role or in the mids.       

9) Never ever ever trade in Josh Drummond. We love him but tattoo it and never forget it.

10)    Check you have have your emergencies set. It's a basic thing but the amount of people posting that they forget captains and emergencies is just dull.

Good luck everyone. 

carsot

Getting your rookies right as in trading in Kennedy and Greene? Or Dumping____?

meow meow

I disagree with one of those points. Addison does well on Goddard.

dmac07

Yeah Ablett or Pendlebury as options for captain. Pendles doesn't mind close games, as proved by his big score in a losing side round 1.

jfitty

I think getting rookies right should really only be restricted to guys like Magner, Giles, Kennedy possibly Bugg, if you haven't started them. Not sure on the hype surrounding guys like Milera and Greene, reckon your better off hanging onto your Coniglios, Shiels and Halls

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: carsot on April 13, 2012, 04:16:54 PM
Have Magner. Shiel. Giles. Kennedy. Bugg.
These 5 are the main ones IMO.

Cruiseon

Quote from: carsot on April 13, 2012, 04:16:54 PM

I believe it is a combination of both.

It si a matter of dumping those that are not guaranteed to make solid cash in the upcoming weeks for those that will. It's a no brainer to wave goodbye to likes of Kerridge and Pfeiffer. 

ubeaut

How is Ablett a safe bet this week when he has a bad record vs the Bombers? Even at the Cats he scored a 105. 95 and 97 are his last two scores. Hocking is an underated player who can tag well. Abletts in great form,but I'm worried.

Also how sure are you that Cox will come good? Unlike Mumford and Leuy he has Nic-nat severely affecting his scores. Not to mention Kennedy,Lynch and Darling. He's in good form,and played two teams he should have scored at least 20 points more each game.At least. What happens when he plays good teams/rucks?

Other than that I like your post. Will be helpful to newcomers.

BoredSaint

Quote from: meow meow on April 13, 2012, 04:23:07 PM
thought it would be the other point meow ;)

coughdrummondcoughcoughcough

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: ubeaut on April 13, 2012, 05:21:28 PM
How is Ablett a safe bet this week when he has a bad record vs the Bombers? Even at the Cats he scored a 105. 95 and 97 are his last two scores. Hocking is an underated player who can tag well. Abletts in great form,but I'm worried.

Also how sure are you that Cox will come good? Unlike Mumford and Leuy he has Nic-nat severely affecting his scores. Not to mention Kennedy,Lynch and Darling. He's in good form,and played two teams he should have scored at least 20 points more each game.At least. What happens when he plays good teams/rucks?

When Cox plays good teams/rucks is when he will shine.
He is one of the best rucks in the game, a title that NicNat has yet to achieve... No matter how much the media hypes him up.

fever

Quote from: meow meow on April 13, 2012, 04:23:07 PM

hahaha, bravo.

ubeaut

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on April 13, 2012, 05:38:07 PM
Quote from: ubeaut on April 13, 2012, 05:21:28 PM

When Cox plays good teams/rucks is when he will shine.
He is one of the best rucks in the game, a title that NicNat has yet to achieve... No matter how much the media hypes him up.
Well Nic-Nat is spending more time in the ruck than Cox even compared to last year. And is bettering Coxs' average so far. Nic-Nats tap work getting better and better.By the end of next season he will be no1 ruck in the comp. I'm thinking if Cox doesn't get at least 130-150 I will get Sandilands. He has one more chance. If he can't smash GWS then what hope is there?

upthemaidens

tip#11,  all the trades in the world wont win ya the car/cash if you fall too far behind... rules are for the herd, break the rules and have a chance of winning

luke_dicko

getting the rookies right is the key for later to afford all the expensive premos.
Im going pfeiffer to milera and maybe ledger to greene.

thoughts on the latter?

gpdemons

Quote from: luke_dicko on April 13, 2012, 06:51:20 PM
getting the rookies right is the key for later to afford all the expensive premos.
Im going pfeiffer to milera and maybe ledger to greene.

thoughts on the latter?

Keep Ledger, should be good once he gets full games, which i assume very soon! Pfeiffer to Milera is good though.