Top 10 Tips for round 3 - Reviewed

Started by Cruiseon, April 13, 2012, 04:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on April 13, 2012, 07:23:10 PM

some may say genius...        .....ofcourse some may not :)

upthemaidens

reversable trades are good hey?

luke_dicko

Quote from: gpdemons on April 13, 2012, 07:22:11 PM
Quote from: luke_dicko on April 13, 2012, 06:51:20 PM
getting the rookies right is the key for later to afford all the expensive premos.
Im going pfeiffer to milera and maybe ledger to greene.

thoughts on the latter?

Keep Ledger, should be good once he gets full games, which i assume very soon! Pfeiffer to Milera is good though.

thanks for the reply, this is the way im going that 1 trade later could be worth alot more than quick bucks, cheers

upthemaidens

Quote from: luke_dicko on April 13, 2012, 08:17:04 PM
Quote from: gpdemons on April 13, 2012, 07:22:11 PM
Quote from: luke_dicko on April 13, 2012, 06:51:20 PM
getting the rookies right is the key for later to afford all the expensive premos.
Im going pfeiffer to milera and maybe ledger to greene.

thoughts on the latter?

Keep Ledger, should be good once he gets full games, which i assume very soon! Pfeiffer to Milera is good though.

thanks for the reply, this is the way im going that 1 trade later could be worth alot more than quick bucks, cheers
can u move pfeiffer to mids and trade for greene?  greene should be better than milera

Cruiseon

Quote from: meow meow on April 13, 2012, 07:23:10 PM

Oh dear MM. You may get some short term great scores but when he inevitably gets injured within the next 4-5 weeks please realise it was inevitable.

Fletch74

I've had Drummond from the start. Used him for Bugg's score in round 1. He will gun it this year ;)

Torress

Quote5) As per point three don't go trading Cox, Mumford or Leuy, they will come good over time and be around the mark. 

well mate, i brang in kennedy. and my other trade i dumped cox for ryder and have 220k for upgrades!! not that cox won't come good.

good chance cox will be rested this year, and nicnat is taking some ruck time. he is a gun coxy but not gonna average 120 like last year.

Sabretooth Tigers

How about rule no 13
Look at mid and premium players whose prices will explode up wards after rd 3
Point in question B Stanton  ave 157 with an expected price rise of $56,800

EL TIGER

Dont ever sideways trade unless a players is injured or long term out! Trades are irreplacable diamonds you need later in the year!

Trading prems for prems is insane in round 2!

Cruiseon

In the interest of transparity and credibility I thought it was worth reviewing any advice given. No point putting it out there if it turns into being complete rubbish.

Most of the points remain in tact. Those who traded Broughton should rightfully feel shamed, Shaw will follow coming good eventually. Mummy did well, Cox ok-ish but it looks like Luey will have to go now but with Fyfe, Dempsey, Birchall, Lake & Ball in different degrees of trouble it provides an early reminder of why trades are so valuable.

Those who traded is good rookies like Bugg, Kennedy, D Smith, Shiel and kept the faith with Hall should be happy. Magner's price rise alone speaks more than his SC score.

As for Drummond, he will increasingly become so tempting, be very careful!

Good luck for round 4, we'll all need it. In addition to those mentioned above I expect Jack Reiwoldt, Rioli, Martin, Chapman, Swan, Milera and Hargrave will all come under much SC scrunity.

Fletch74

I can't wait to see everyone jump on the Drummond bandwagon :) I enjoyed his score on the weekend, and with GC this week, I'll enjoy it more.

upthemaidens

well lets not start stroking ourselves on the Broughton situation just yet,, he just managed 100 against brisbane, lets see the next 2 weeks before saying whether it was right or wrong getting rid of him.
i for one threw him out and it was the best thing i could have done, but if ofcourse he averagers 90+ for the rest of the year then it was a mistake..  personally i think >70 scores will be common place throughout the year(ross lyon is a dog).

almost no one would have taken broughts. if they knew he would play lockdown roles most weeks, most got him because of the mid-field role he was ear marked to play, or atleast the rebounding backman type of role..   
    my rule#1 ; trade hard,trade often and leave nothing on the table... if you play safe you will get a safe result, but you wont win the lot

enzedder

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 18, 2012, 06:16:42 AM
well lets not start stroking ourselves on the Broughton situation just yet,, he just managed 100 against brisbane, lets see the next 2 weeks before saying whether it was right or wrong getting rid of him.
i for one threw him out and it was the best thing i could have done, but if ofcourse he averagers 90+ for the rest of the year then it was a mistake..  personally i think >70 scores will be common place throughout the year(ross lyon is a dog).

almost no one would have taken broughts. if they knew he would play lockdown roles most weeks, most got him because of the mid-field role he was ear marked to play, or atleast the rebounding backman type of role..   
    my rule#1 ; trade hard,trade often and leave nothing on the table... if you play safe you will get a safe result, but you wont win the lot
I was going to post something similar.
It's been one game. He who laughs last...
Let's see how Broughton's season goes shall we.