Masten as Captain- Could it work or am i Crazy

Started by bkp130, April 12, 2012, 09:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkp130

As i said in the title contemplating the idea of giving Masten the big C this weekend given they are playing GWS. Especially with embley going down i can see him getting more of the ball and the fact that he is already averaging 102 give me confidence that he could get 140-150 if he gets on top

What does everyone think? is it worth the risk or am i crazy.

The only other people i have in mind for captain this week are Goddard or Deledio

Cheers

ubeaut

So you didn't get Ablett? Why not? JUST GET ABLETT!!!!! I like your outside the square thinking mate,and your brave rookie mids,but can't you see you need an elite scorer to be captain and remain competitive?

tor01doc

Noz

Jay

StuL

You could pick the runner this week, if he's wearing Eagles colours he'll top 100, but you're crazy.

HotTiges

Scott Selwood would be a good choice if anyone has him..

ubeaut

If you do ignore Ablett(don't) then may as well slap the big C on Masten. You're taking heaps of risks, so may as well take another. No Priddis,no Embley,should go very big. Best of Luck.

bkp130

Yeah i thik i am going to do it. All season so far i have been taking risks so why not one more

thanks for the advice guys i will let you know how my team gets along after this round

esquire

Really? Is this just another troll thread that has gone out of control. Of all the players you MUST SURELY have you think Masten could be the one to deliver. Click this link

http://www.hark.com/clips/mkyvjvlncv-four-thumbs-down

but substitute the word "ti*#ies" for "your suggestion on Captain this week".

FlipFlops

Of course it COULD work but it probably WON'T  ;)

TheMailman

I could see this backfiring so badly on you tbh...

mpollock

@bkp130 - just out of interest ... what are you ranked overall?

I like the out of the box thinking but Masten as captain wouldn't be my choice ... go with Goddard I reckon.

Personally, I am not sold on the rookie mid approach this year as i just don't think there are enough solid mids to do this unlike previous years.  The dreaded vest also makes this appraoch harder ... C.Smith and Shiel spring to mind.  Interested to see how it pans out for you however and happy to stand corrected  :)

Loving your posts and experimenting however ...  :)

big_cox21

im in a similar situation where im thinking of going with shuey as captain with no embley or priddis. thoughts on this?

mpollock

If you have Pendles or Ablett then I would lock on of them in ... otherwise the players who are coming up against GWS or even GC or Melbourne seem the best bet ... Shuey being on of these.

On the flip side ... Selwood, Masten and Shuey will get harder tags potentially ... Townsend did a solid job of tagging Swallow last week for most of the game (Swallow junked it up in the end however).

I just got S.Selwood in but will stick with Ablett or Pendles as captain for safe double points.