World XV Rising Star

Started by ossie85, April 11, 2012, 04:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on May 15, 2012, 03:20:49 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 15, 2012, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on May 15, 2012, 03:15:54 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 15, 2012, 03:13:36 PM
No he's not c4. He played 17 games last season so not eligible for the rising star. Sorry...

Oh great to see you back and healthy :)

Yeah, read the stats wrong, I thought it was only 7 games that he played last year. Damn.

Surely with the amount of young talent, one of my boys will win it. :P
I dunno, it looks like Mitch Wallis wants it. 3 hundreds in just his 5 games so far this year. Staking a claim for a permanent spot in the Puma side...

Wallis has in fact only played the ONE WXV match, which he did very well and scored 105.
Yeah I know he has only played the one WXV match, but looks like he'll play a few more, looks like he may be ahead of Hannebery in the pecking order now...

meow meow

Quote from: ossie85 on May 15, 2012, 10:28:31 AM

Apologies to Coniglio for not selecting you, otherwise it would have been yours

No need for that. Trying to take the shine off Treloar's achievement.

Adam is a gun, and he'll continue to get games for Moscow. We gladly gave up our 5th pick for him. He is the reason I suggested, and pushed for a trade period. He's not even fully fit yet and he is performing well. When the game was on the line Sheeds sent him forward. 5 mins later he had kicked a goal, and set up another. Stands up when it matters, like all SC guns do. Well done young man.

PowerBug

Jesse Stringer will get a nomination no doubt, he has found a perma spot in the Armadillos, just needs to fire for a game or two. If Clay Smith can avoid the vest, then he may push for selection too.

ossie85

Quote from: meow meow on May 15, 2012, 03:46:21 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 15, 2012, 10:28:31 AM

Apologies to Coniglio for not selecting you, otherwise it would have been yours

No need for that. Trying to take the shine off Treloar's achievement.

Apologies to Moscow! Treloar's 90 odd as a forward is a midder than a low century from a midfeilder anyway :)

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on May 15, 2012, 03:24:18 PM
Round 1: 80 - Will Hoskin-Elliott (Moscow)
1 WXV Match, Average: 80.00

Round 2: 92 - Dylan Grimes (Berlin)
6 WXV Matches, Average: 84.00

Round 3: 85 - Billy Longer (Dublin)
2 WXV Matches, Average: 72.50

Round 4: 88 - Jack Hombsch (New York)
6 WXV Matches, Average: 70.83

Round 5: 105 - Mitch Wallis (Sao Paulo)
1 WXV Match, Average: 105.00

Round 6: 99 - Toby Greene (New York)
2 WXV Matches, Average: 61.50

Round 7: 96 - Adam Treloar (Moscow)
3 WXV Matches, Average: 74.00

From that, I think Dylan Grimes would be the favourite.

Yeahhhh grimesy!

Also, whoever has jack grimes, ill be chasing him at the next trade period  ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 15, 2012, 07:21:21 PM
That would be My Chumps. You would probably have to give up a lot for him ;)

meow meow

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 15, 2012, 07:42:40 PM

Please folks, let's not derail the thread. Keep talking about how good Treloar is instead.

CrowsFan

No one said how good Wallis was when he was nominated so I'm not going to say anything good about Treloar :P

My Chumps

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 15, 2012, 07:42:40 PM
That's right, he was my first picked defender  ;)

Franklin for Grimes?  ;D

meow meow

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 15, 2012, 07:51:50 PM
No one said how good Wallis was when he was nominated so I'm not going to say anything good about Treloar :P

I could talk Wallis up so much. I'm fairly biased though. I don't want to talk him up too much, since you'll be trading him to me next year. You don't want him. You know Wallis and Liberatore belong together.

CrowsFan

Quote from: meow meow on May 15, 2012, 08:02:40 PM

I could talk Wallis up so much. I'm fairly biased though. I don't want to talk him up too much, since you'll be trading him to me next year. You don't want him. You know Wallis and Liberatore belong together.
Know something I don't do we? To be honest I was extremely surprised and very happy that I was able to pick him up with my 18th pick. Thought you would have snatched him by then. He will be a gun! :D

meow meow

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 15, 2012, 08:07:26 PM
Quote from: meow meow on May 15, 2012, 08:02:40 PM

Know something I don't do we? To be honest I was extremely surprised and very happy that I was able to pick him up with my 18th pick. Thought you would have snatched him by then. He will be a gun! :D

We've spoken to his manager, and he said Mitch is unhappy at the Pumas. He feels as if he should be getting games, but the coach treats him like Richmond used to treat Shane Tuck. Wallis has been carrying around a sheepskin rug on his head in preparation for the colder climate.

ossie85

And our Round 8 Nominee hails from New Zealand,

Congratulations to:

Mitch Golby (Wellington)

Scoring 90 points

c4v3m4n

How will the winner of this be decided Os? Will it be by public/coaches vote or simply by highest SC average for the year?

ossie85

A vote, think a 5-4-3-2-1 from each coach