Yes
13 (52%)
No
7 (28%)
Some of them
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Chimboy

In the next three weeks I am planning to do Boyd to Murphy, Broughton to Malceski, Caddy to Greene, Swan to Pendlebury and Hall to Milera. I am concerned that they are wasted trades. Please help.

BoredSaint

you are going sideways 4 times..

its going to be waste as it may only improve your team by 20ppg.. or it may decrease it..

big_cox21

Chimboy

If the Dogs can start winning I think Boyds scores will start to go up.

upthemaidens

is this a serious question?  trading out boyd and swan?   dude do it 100% great trades

Chimboy

But Swan isn't scoring any where near Pendles. swan murders the ball

upthemaidens

Quote from: Chimboy on April 10, 2012, 05:33:50 PM
But Swan isn't scoring any where near Pendles. swan murders the ball
well if you cant sleep at night with swan and boyd in your side, then you should trade them out

WillDel

The way sc scores this year really doesnt help with Swan. He is still an accumulator though so that is in his favour.

DON'T do sideways trades. The only time you would look at it is when a newish premo has a new role that affects his scoring. Swan and Boyd are proven. Look to upgrade your other weaker mids to pendles etc.

Jake8

Mate i'll try to sound nice but them trading Swan and Boyd are wasteful. Dont sideways trade unless totally necessary eg injury, out of form. Like WillDel said Swan and Boyd are proven prefromers and you picked them for a reason.

enzedder

Yes. They are wasteful. You have picked some out and out guns and want to get rid of them. The ones you have will outscore the ones you want to trade in some of the time...perhaps in the long run the others will be better but you should look at trading them in as part of an upgrade or for a LTI when it presents itself.
Everyone is telling you...hope you follow the advice.

TheMailman

You have very limited trade space. Don't get stuck on sideways trading. You should have a portion of your trades for LTIs and the rest for upgrading and downgrading, leaving 1-2 for big emergencies

jumbo

if you are really keen to trade then go Caddy to Greene and use the money to upgrade elsewhere later on. if you really have to get rid of broughton consider a downward trade to a dempsey, clarke, hargrave, lake and have some more cash left over to get pendles in at say round 5/6 once your rookies rise a bit???

what is your team by the way??

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Chimboy on April 10, 2012, 05:20:06 PM
In the next three weeks I am planning to do Boyd to Murphy, Broughton to Malceski, Caddy to Greene, Swan to Pendlebury and Hall to Milera. I am concerned that they are wasted trades. Please help.

Boyd - Murphy = WASTE ( bring in murphy in time sure but for an upgraded rook boyd is a star)

Broughton - Malceski = OK ( Malceski won't rise much this week so this can wait but he will rise a bit and broughton will drop a bit so makes sense to get it done if your going to do it )

Caddy - Greene = TRADE ( makes sense pocket some coin and get a better cash cow - short term, must be done NOW )

Swan - Pendles = WASTE ( teach to be a tight arse and go swan over pendles in SC :) swan is the same as boyd a star just bring pendles in with your upgrades don't sideways trade mid legends of the game NO NEED )

Hall - Milera = OK ( not urgent Hall is mature aged and will get games and could improve, Milera is going to make owners a lot of cash tho, so it's a smart trade but IF hall comes good it is also going to be a bit of a waste - also this one has to be done NOW )

Good luck if your trigger happy I would do the broughton and hall trades the other two are NO NO ' s

upthemaidens

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 10, 2012, 06:57:58 PM
Quote from: Chimboy on April 10, 2012, 05:20:06 PM

Boyd - Murphy = WASTE ( bring in murphy in time sure but for an upgraded rook boyd is a star)

Broughton - Malceski = OK ( Malceski won't rise much this week so this can wait but he will rise a bit and broughton will drop a bit so makes sense to get it done if your going to do it )

Caddy - Greene = TRADE ( makes sense pocket some coin and get a better cash cow - short term, must be done NOW )

Swan - Pendles = WASTE ( teach to be a tight arse and go swan over pendles in SC :) swan is the same as boyd a star just bring pendles in with your upgrades don't sideways trade mid legends of the game NO NEED )

Hall - Milera = OK ( not urgent Hall is mature aged and will get games and could improve, Milera is going to make owners a lot of cash tho, so it's a smart trade but IF hall comes good it is also going to be a bit of a waste - also this one has to be done NOW )

Good luck if your trigger happy I would do the broughton and hall trades the other two are NO NO ' s
colli took your question seriously...   but he in this case is wrong. you should trade out someone who scored 125 last week, and keep doing it every week. that way you will be very unique and have the same amount of premiums has you started with,but with 12 less trades

WillDel

Chimboy did you end up doing the trades? Swan to pendlebury would of hurt. As well as Broughton to Dempsey.