Main Menu

Goalkicking Technique

Started by FisherSaints, April 10, 2012, 11:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crabapples

Quote from: meow meow on April 10, 2012, 03:18:12 PM
Matthew Lloyd has the perfect technique, except for kicking with a slightly bent knee. Copy him.

Side note: throwing grass in the air is stupid, especially when ur inside

CrowsFan

Quote from: crabapples on April 10, 2012, 03:54:54 PM
Matthew Lloyd has the perfect technique, except for kicking with a slightly bent knee. Copy him.

Another side note: writing ur instead of you're is also stupid

crabapples

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 10, 2012, 04:10:47 PM
Quote from: crabapples on April 10, 2012, 03:54:54 PM

Another side note: writing ur instead of you're is also stupid

:o Seriousley? .. Righto mate

Noz

Quote from: TheMailman on April 10, 2012, 03:01:01 PM
Quote from: Noz on April 10, 2012, 02:04:52 PM
I tend to swing my arms a lot on the walk in then straighting them up just before I kick it has worked for me alot I am a pretty accurate set shoter

It might work for you but that is a notorious no no when it comes to goal kicking.

Becoming a good kick for goal just requires practice. A showerload of practice. I went down to my local oval with my dad 2-3 days a week and practised on leading marks and kicking goals. It's about getting a style that suits you properly when you kick. You can try the unorthodox methods such as Franklin and Fevola but you'll find that the best goalkickers (Lockett Ablett) just kept everything straight and in alignment with where they wanted to kick the ball. Trying to do a Didak or Dale Thomas style torpedo is extrodinarily hard, no matter how easy they made it look.

Hope I helped somewhat

Yeah everyone's style is different much like Josh Kennedys stutter steps, Find a kicking style that works for you and go for it in the end you can study hours and hours of the different techniques used over the years but in the end you need to find something that suits you and constantly use it.

Ziplock

I sprint forward and throw it onto my boot as hard as I can- accurate drop kicks from 70+ out.

TheMailman

Quote from: Ziplock on April 10, 2012, 04:56:27 PM
I sprint forward and throw it onto my boot as hard as I can- accurate drop kicks from 70+ out.

pfft. Drop kick from 70 out.  Just today I did an 80m one by accident

Ziplock

I did mine with a broken ankle.

pyronerd

find a technique that feels comfortable, and try to do the same thing EVERY time. Also when aiming, don't look at the goals, pick a point out in the distance behind the goals and kick it straight at that

FisherSaints

Quote from: pyronerd on April 10, 2012, 06:32:09 PM
find a technique that feels comfortable, and try to do the same thing EVERY time. Also when aiming, don't look at the goals, pick a point out in the distance behind the goals and kick it straight at that
Isn't that the same thing??

TheMailman

Quote from: FisherSaints on April 10, 2012, 06:45:44 PM

He means pick a point or person behind the goals and try to kick to them, sort of like spot kicking. Many people struggle mentally with kicking inbetween posts rather than a specific point.

pyronerd

Quote from: TheMailman on April 10, 2012, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: FisherSaints on April 10, 2012, 06:45:44 PM

He means pick a point or person behind the goals and try to kick to them, sort of like spot kicking. Many people struggle mentally with kicking inbetween posts rather than a specific point.
yeah this, sorry if I made it unclear what I meant :-X

Shaggy

Watch Luke Ball when he takes a shot. Perfect technique. :>

bomberboy0618

I handball the ball from 80m out. You are all weak.

TheMailman

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on April 10, 2012, 08:07:19 PM

:O HOW DO YOU DO THAT  :o

Ziplock

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on April 10, 2012, 08:07:19 PM
I can only do 30 :(