My Trade Plan

Started by doogz, April 09, 2012, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doogz

Hi All, my SC team is not faring too well.  I have put much more effort in my SC team this year as I am in two cash (one for overall points, other the winner of the GF).  This week i should punch out about 2150, where this weeks winner of the $50 league (overall points) should get about 2400.  So I really need to burn some trades early of my non-performing rookies/prems.

I find it a bit funny I put more effort into SC this year, but this week I should hit 2350 in DT (I even made scotty thomp capt instead of GAJ, which would have given me an extra 40 points to total around 2400...), also I have less problems in DT, only shaw and 1-2 rookies not performing.

So anyway here is my SC team:
D: Goddard, Delidio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Morris, Ellis, Clarke, Bugg
M: GAJ, Selwood, Priddis, McDonald, Ledger, Shiel, Coniglio, Magner
R: Nic Nat, Mumford, Giles, Redden
F: Franklin, Fyfe Martin, N Roo, Dangerfield, Hall, Smith, Smedts, Cameron

Ok.  As you can see I have many problems like others on here who have been posting.  Problems are:

Big Problems:
1. Mumford underperforming/not playing (i have 610K that could be used to upgrade cogs to pendles)
2. Broughton (100K rookies are doing better than him, and possible change of role under R Lyon)
3. Missing out on the Cash Cows (I am missing kennedy and greene)

Lesser Problems:
1. Cogs (not peforming to someone lesser than his price tag), though this is really a minor prob as he will rise in price and still get games.
2. Shaw (not performing to his price)
3. Hall (not performing and likely to be vested many times this year)

I thought locking in two rucks would be the goer this year as I wouldnt have to worry about rucks.  But when people started with Giles+kruezer they saved approxmately 800K over my ruck combo which have performed better in the last two weeks. 

Now I believe mumford will come good and dominate, but Giles is a beast and is performing near ton efforts, I want him playing!  So hats off to the 3 rookie Ruck approach, I did it in DT and it has been good for me.

So anyway, my plan to fix my team.  This will likely be a two stage approach.  Impromptu last year burnt 2 trades round 2 to cash in on missed rookies (kennedy and greene in my case).  Round 3 he traded down 2 fallen prems/mids to cash cows so he can upgrade in round 4.  I think this may be my approach this year.

Plan 1:
1. Trade Cogs+Hall for Kennedy+Greene (not a fan of having 8 GWS players though...)
2. Trade out mumford (who shouldnt have dropped in price yet) for O. STephensen and upgrade a semi-performing mid to Pendles.

With this I solve 2 big problems and 2 small problems.  I have to ride out shaw+boughton (can be risky)

Plan 2:
1. Trade Hall + Broughton to kennedy/Greene (using sneaky DPP position swapping to make it happen) - Gives me a fair amount of cash. I increase my GWS players to 9 now...
2. Downgrade Mummy, upgrade GWS to Prem.
3. Cash cow, upgrade 2 GWS to prems.

With this I solve all the Major problems and one minor problem, but will likely use more trades. 

From looking at it, Plan 2 is probably the best option, but Broughton is a good bloke and I want to give the guy some faith so I am actually leaning towards option 1. This plan assumes Broughto will not come good, Giles still punches out tons and Mumford is sub-par/injured.

You know the saying. A plan only survivies the battle until the first shot rings out.

What are peoples thoughts, or am I overthinking it and I should 'let it riiiiddee'? 

Torress

Sc is a game that can turn pear shaped very quick!

mate fix up your rookies, don't try and over complicate it!

Free Kick

Quote from: Torress on April 09, 2012, 11:59:14 AM
Sc is a game that can turn pear shaped very quick!

mate fix up your rookies, don't try and over complicate it!

Agreed, get the rookie $$$ cows and leave your premiums alone.

Mummy comes back and dominates with Nicnat as your number two will be BIG points.

I have Broughton and Shaw too and their not going anywhere.. Freo will have there injuries like anyone and with a resonable draw I'd expect Broughton will lift. They will both average 100 by years end IMO.

Trades are gold and you should use your early ones to get the right cows and make $$$$

Good luck with your desicions.

tor01doc

More sound advice from Torress and also Free Kick.

Whoa there boy. Save those trades.

Ditch really bad rookies for those about to make money but son't expect points all year

Scalabrine

You judge players when they have only played 1-2 games. Such as Mumford, only played one game and you're considering trading him out. He is a proven performer and will easily come good, no point wasting a trade. You picked him for a reason :) don't get too worried, nobody is going to have a perfect team.

lowry

Quote from: Scalabrine on April 09, 2012, 12:53:53 PM
You judge players when they have only played 1-2 games. Such as Mumford, only played one game and you're considering trading him out. He is a proven performer and will easily come good, no point wasting a trade. You picked him for a reason :) don't get too worried, nobody is going to have a perfect team.

listen to scalabrine, you have to know that it's only been two rounds so you can't judge your players like shaw and broughton for instance, he can score triple digits so leave him. Save your trades. they are gold