Not major issues, but ones I want to nip in the bud.

Started by JamSainter, April 09, 2012, 11:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamSainter

So I have 3 minor issues and I am willing to trade and I have seen 100's of people write on replies in bold capslock 'DO NOT TRADE A PREMIUM' ect ect and that will not deter me.
Golby
Rockliff
Cox
Golby is an obvious mistake that I and many others also made. He is my first priority, trade him out for Dempsey or Clarke..
With Rockliff, I get he is a gun currently and imo will win a brownlow BUT I am having doubts as to whether he will be in the top 8 or so mids. I'm thinking of trading him for Mitchell.
Cox' scores are and will be impacted by the rise of NicNat and the Eagles monster fowardline. Looking at Sandilands as a possible replacement.
With the maximum 2 trades... Who do I trade?
Cheers in advance guys.

ben_020285

Trade Golby. He's never going to be a keeper.

Do not trade Rockliff. He will be in the top 10 mids at season's end. Black out and Brown in means Rockliff is back in the mids where he will churn out 100's every week.

Do not trade Cox. Come on now, the guy is a gun and will be in top 4 ruckman by the end of the season.

enzedder

Quote from: JamSainter on April 09, 2012, 11:43:56 AM
So I have 3 minor issues and I am willing to trade and I have seen 100's of people write on replies in bold capslock 'DO NOT TRADE A PREMIUM' ect ect and that will not deter me.
Golby
Rockliff
Cox
Golby is an obvious mistake that I and many others also made. He is my first priority, trade him out for Dempsey or Clarke..
With Rockliff, I get he is a gun currently and imo will win a brownlow BUT I am having doubts as to whether he will be in the top 8 or so mids. I'm thinking of trading him for Mitchell.
Cox' scores are and will be impacted by the rise of NicNat and the Eagles monster fowardline. Looking at Sandilands as a possible replacement.
Cheers in advance guys.
Just the first one...Golby.
If I had to commit to a second trade I would say Cox to Sandilands. I have Cox and am not even considering this.
Sandi could outscore Cox over the season. I can't see Mitchell outscoring Rocky.

JamSainter

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 09, 2012, 11:47:55 AM

Do not trade Rockliff. He will be in the top 10 mids at season's end. Black out and Brown in means Rockliff is back in the mids where he will churn out 100's every week.

Do not trade Cox. Come on now, the guy is a gun and will be in top 4 ruckman by the end of the season.
Thanks, but that's my point with Rockliff, he's gonna the sh*t tagged out of him so I am worried about how he deals with a good tag.

JamSainter

Quote from: enzedder on April 09, 2012, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: JamSainter on April 09, 2012, 11:43:56 AM
Golby
Rockliff
Cox
Cheers in advance guys.
Just the first one...Golby.
If I had to commit to a second trade I would say Cox to Sandilands. I have Cox and am not even considering this.
Sandi could outscore Cox over the season. I can't see Mitchell outscoring Rocky.
I'll give Rocky 2-3 weeks more  :)

ben_020285

Quote from: JamSainter on April 09, 2012, 11:51:02 AM
Quote from: ben_020285 on April 09, 2012, 11:47:55 AM

Thanks, but that's my point with Rockliff, he's gonna the sh*t tagged out of him so I am worried about how he deals with a good tag.

He will deal with the tag. The kid's a beast. My strong view is do not trade him for anybody. It's just a sideways trade and we all know that trades are gold.

Golby out for sure. Are all your rookie selections perfect? Surely there's a well performed rookie that needs to come in to your side..

JamSainter

My rookies are Bugg, Hombsch, Ellis, Morris
Greene, McDonald, Shiel, Magner
Giles, Redden, O
D. Smith, Kennedy, Dickson, Smedts.
I'm pretty content with my rookies. I think Milera will struggle when Schneider gets back in the team.

ben_020285

Yeah but Schneider's not due back til at least round 5 so Milera will have mooed enough and will be ready to make you some serious cash from round 7 or so. I would bring in Milera for Dickson.

tor01doc

Keep Cox and Rockliff.

Use your trades sparingly.

If you trade twice this week you will have used 8.333% of all trades in your first competitive week.

mpollock

I think you are crazy to trade the best ruckman in the comp and and an absolute gun like Rockcliff.

Golby will make you money ... wait for him to go up in value and then trade him out.

Torress

yea as said simon black broke his hand - out for 3 weeks give or take. keep rocky mate but a trip to subiaco vs the dockers isn't ideal timing for a big score. i can understand how you feel with that one, 600k you've spent there and you expect, actually for that amount paid you demand tons!!

cox out? say what??

i personally avoided back midpricers. i have marty clarke but he is more of a top draft rookie price really. so golby never got a sniff. neither did dempsey or lake or anyone. only midpricer i backed in was porpz, and expensive midpricers danger and sidebum.

so mate i'd prob drop golby for a rookie or clarke/bower personally. unless they are out, you just wouldn't sideways rocky and cox in round 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!