Broughton dilema

Started by quinny88, April 08, 2012, 11:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

As im sure is the case for alot of people, broughton is becoming a waste of space and needs to go. The problem is that with goddard and diledio already in my backline, bringing in another player that shares the rd 13 bye is a little risky and when the likes of bock, birchall, corrazo, scottland and yarran all share that bye it doesnt leave many other worthy options considering I already have heath shaw.. So who do you bring in for broughton? A lower priced player thats performing like eski or dempsey? Or just grab one of the premiums from the rd 13 bye group?

MC

3 from rd 13 isn't the worst option when you consider the potential points gained for the remaining 20+ rounds. Essendon defenders could be the way to go though - Heppell/Dempsey looking good so far.

And Hibberd is owning so far (massive unique @ 400k) averaging over 100 fu*k me!

quinny88

The essendon boys are looking good but I dont trust them fully untill they play a top 8 side

Slashers

I've got a real issue with this tool too!
Seriously, is there ANY upside to him at all?
Can anyone who considers themselves a fantasy footy guru, who actually has this punk (which is unlikely, because if you were a guru, you probably wouldnt have been sucked in like the rest of us commoners), please come out and offer some guidance!
Was it a big mistake? And do we just dump him NOW?
I don't have Lake, Clarke or Hagrave in an attempt to have a unique backline. But it's hurting a lot. Having Broughton is making it ten times worse!

MC

Good point, but the ball will be down their end more often when playing the better sides. I personally have Heppell and have been very happy with his output - once he improves his DE% and tackling he'll be pumping out 100s.

quinny88

The frustrating thing is that one of my main reasons for picking him was the fact that he had a seperate bye to most of the other prem defenders. Should have just gone birch from the start.
Adcock would have been a great sideways trade but he didnt look to flash on the weekend either.
Im tempted to give him another chance but dont want to miss out on a decent trade before the price change

Slashers

So tempted with Broughton to Dempsey!

quinny88

Quote from: Slashers on April 09, 2012, 12:28:34 AM

Ive considered this too but then cant decide what I would do with the spare cash.. Pretty happy with my other players

MC

Quote from: quinny88 on April 09, 2012, 12:34:53 AM

Ive considered this too but then cant decide what I would do with the spare cash.. Pretty happy with my other players

Keep it to make 2 rookie --> prem upgrades once your cows have 'mooed.'

Bosh

considering Malceski as he has the same bye round as broughton, waiting to see how he pulls up.

quinny88

Quote from: MC on April 09, 2012, 12:47:19 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on April 09, 2012, 12:34:53 AM

Keep it to make 2 rookie --> prem upgrades once your cows have 'mooed.'

Yea certainly an option ill look at. The only other problem I have with it is that it will use another trade later down the track when I upgrade dempsey into a prem.. Or do u think depsey can become a keeper?

MC

Did you see the Essendon game the other night? Dempsey looked VERY good. If he can keep up his composure with the ball and more importantly his solid SC scores (85+) then he'll definitely be considered a keeper. Even if not, he'll have a solid price rise over the next 5-6 weeks and could easily be traded to a premium defender if he starts to head down hill.

Keep in mind that the one trade used now would have otherwise been used down the track eventually (providing Broughton doesn't hit his strides)

Broughton -> Dempsey (frees up 200k+)
Morris (+100k) -> prem
Ellis (+100k) -> prem

3 trades used - 3 (potential) backline keepers in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morris -> Rookie
Ellis (+cash) -> prem
Smedts (+cash) -> prem

3 trades used - 2 backline keepers in....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

**NOTE**

The above example is based on the assumption of Dempsey becoming a backline keeper and Broughton continuing his poor form.

Worst case - Dempsey needs to be traded (4 trades used to bring in 3 back keepers)

Sorry if that was hard to follow!

nichsa673

I don't understand why everyone says they were sucked into getting him. I have him, and sure, I am pissed that he is doing do bad, but I wouldn't have picked him wothout good reason. He was playing in the midfield, getting strong numbers, and seemingly have a new role. If it wasn;t for the dickhead Ross Lyon, then we wouldn;t have a problem. I don't think it's Broughton's fault, more where he is/isn;t being played.

quinny88

Quote from: MC on April 09, 2012, 01:10:22 AM
Did you see the Essendon game the other night? Dempsey looked VERY good. If he can keep up his composure with the ball and more importantly his solid SC scores (85+) then he'll definitely be considered a keeper. Even if not, he'll have a solid price rise over the next 5-6 weeks and could easily be traded to a premium defender if he starts to head down hill.

Keep in mind that the one trade used now would have otherwise been used down the track eventually (providing Broughton doesn't hit his strides)

Broughton -> Dempsey (frees up 200k+)
Morris (+100k) -> prem
Ellis (+100k) -> prem

3 trades used - 3 (potential) backline keepers in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morris -> Rookie
Ellis (+cash) -> prem
Smedts (+cash) -> prem

3 trades used - 2 backline keepers in....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

**NOTE**

The above example is based on the assumption of Dempsey becoming a backline keeper and Broughton continuing his poor form.

Worst case - Dempsey needs to be traded (4 trades used to bring in 3 back keepers)

Sorry if that was hard to follow!

Makes very good sense, thanks very much. Ill make a decision later in the week when teams are announced but I would be silly not to consider this move

sammy_boy

agreed ross lyon is a cockhead