Main Menu

Bring 'em back and win me a Flag!

Started by crabapples, April 08, 2012, 09:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crabapples

Ok so after thinking to myself about who's better i did not want to start a poll because its been asked before. But it got me thinking how good it would be if snr and jnr played together! Awesome i know...
So the poll is just the undercard to my real topic.

What 2 players from the past would u put back in your team now to give you the best chance for the next premiership? They dnt hav to be the best players but what ur team needs atm?

Mines North Melbourne..
I would choose,

Wayne Carey (pretty easy)  :P then play petrie and only one of the rucks with arron edwards this would work out great.
Glen Archer. The grunt and the run off half back is probably the biggest thing the team is missing atm.

Let em rip....

elephants

I would do this but the Eagles don't need anything :P

Maybe Peter Matera for the magic and Glen Jakovich for the sheer grunt and and never say die attitude.

Junior just shades in my opinion...

meow meow

Chris Grant at centre half forward and Chris Grant at centre half back.

PowerBug

Peter Burgoyne and Josh Carr back in the middle please. And Byron Pickett as a small forward.

Holz

I think if the roos had carey, we would probably win the flag. Petrie and Carey upfront would almost be unstopable, add cable to the midfield and game over.

crabapples

Quote from: Holzman on April 09, 2012, 06:03:06 AM
I think if the roos had carey, we would probably win the flag. Petrie and Carey upfront would almost be unstopable, add cable to the midfield and game over.

Pretty much, o reckon a backman like archer or king would be better than a midfielder though

nostradamus

l'd like to see Billy Duckworth and Ronny Andrews come back for Essendon's next Grand Final. They'd only be able to play the one game, because they'd be suspended for so long after knocking out all of the oppositions forward line  8)

TheMailman

Bring back Tony Lockett and Barry Hall

Then how would you guys beat a Reid, Goodes Hall, Lockett, forward line

SydneyRox

For the Swans I would go Lockett and Kelly... two favourite swans to watch play.

(BH can KMA)

Nails

2 players aren't going to take you from a bottom 8 team to a premiership team ::)

crabapples

Quote from: Nails on April 09, 2012, 01:42:42 PM

2 players aren't going to take you from a bottom 8 team to a premiership team ::)

Thats right well done! ... U do realize there would b another 20 blokes

pyronerd

Quote from: Nails on April 09, 2012, 01:42:42 PM

and if Geelong had Ablett Sr, they would definitely win the flag ::) If Sydney had Lockett, they would probably go close, if Saints had Lockett, they would also probably win it

Nails

Saints are also bottom 8 this year. One key forward doesn't turn it around.

pyronerd

Quote from: Nails on April 09, 2012, 02:03:26 PM
it does when the only reason you lost any games in the past few years was from lack of potency going forward, also what do you base saints being a bottom 8 side on?

Nails

Quote from: pyronerd on April 09, 2012, 02:04:52 PM
Quote from: Nails on April 09, 2012, 02:03:26 PM
it does when the only reason you lost any games in the past few years was from lack of potency going forward, also what do you base saints being a bottom 8 side on?

Port Adelaide.