Ripper trades or No

Started by hi fyfe, April 08, 2012, 03:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi fyfe

Greg Broughton is outta my team period..
I was thinking trading out broughton to Ryan Hargrave/Brian lake
and upgrading one of Mcdonald,Shiel to Chris masten/Andrew Gaff
Yes or No
Cant afford anyone above Broughtons price

hi fyfe

also add Courtney Dempsey to the list of replacements

Current backline looks

Goddard Birchall Deledio Malceski Broughton Bugg Clarke.m  Morris,Ellis

Current Mids

Pendlebury Ablett Thompson Watson Smith.C Magner        Mcdonald Shiel.D

mpollock

Looking at your backline it is very strong ... i would trade Broughton to Carrazzo - my recommendation.
Other options ... trade to Mohr and use cash elsewhere ...
Don't trade and ride it out.

bc6840836

I would trade Broughton to Dempsey and either hold the cash or trade a fwd e.g. bring in Buddy if you don't have him

PICCOLLO

Dempsey.  Lake needs to do more to warrant bringing him in.

ajjewell

sid3bysid3

Brought to Dempsey as long as you can use the cash

ajjewell

Dempsey will not keep this form up, what is everyone who is trading him in gunna do then? Just burn another trade to get the next player in a purple patch. This doesn't sound like a good trading plan to me but each to their own

Torress

i started him last year as well. started crap first ton didn't come til round 10!!!  didn't trade him tho but i must admit early last year i had issues!!

i would say ride it. broughts is considered a keeper so i'd want to replace him with a keeper - careful what you do if you do trade and keep the byes in the back of your mind!!!

Colliwobblers

not keen at all on upgrading a rook without having had even 3 price rises.

Broughton is a spud and should be but in the fantasy compacter and squashed  ;D

but a sideways trade will never win much support after only a couple of rounds.

going sideways to another at premium price i don't rate becasue that can wait more weeks to see how both broughton and your target premo perform becasue broughton will drop only 30-40k over the next couple of weeks anyway so not the end of the world.

the only reason i would do the trade now is to get in a rook or mid pricer set for a big price rise, because to make that trade in a week or two will cost you 100k+. if you want hargrave-lake-dempsey-malceski-lake rooks - do it now or do it never :)

Ringo

I am taking a risk on Broughton and keeping him.

Rationale - He may have been given a lock down role with Freo playing Geelong and Sydney in the first 2 rounds.  Will be observing this weeks game against Brisbane closely to see what his role will be as I do not see a defensive lock down role for him. (He will not match up on Brown). If he is moved onto Rocky or Rich comfortable with these mid lock down roles as you can also get possessions.
Picked as a premium and giving him another couple of weeks. Will probably not even trade myself at all this week as I can not afford Mohr for Yagmoor.