is this logical?

Started by ando_10, April 07, 2012, 11:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ando_10

broughton out for dempsey and free up a load of cash??

MC

Logical yes. Sensible no.

Waste of a trade, unless you need to cover for injury/suspension. Why did you get Broughton in the first place?

gotheroos!

who else do u have? i'm also bringig in dempsey, but for golby. i'd keep broughton

ando_10

think his history speaks for itself. averaging mid 90s past few years thought he would carry that average into this year??

but no...

so hes gone...

ando_10

Quote from: gotheroos! on April 07, 2012, 11:16:55 PM
who else do u have? i'm also bringig in dempsey, but for golby. i'd keep broughton
i have goddard deledio adcock broughton lake ellis bugg
emg: smedts morris..

MC

Good luck in round 15 when you've run out of trades after trading the same players in and out multiple times. He'll be a top 10 defender by season's end. Has averaged 98 in the past two seasons, playing both mid and back, what's to stop him this year? Taggers/shut down players can score well - see C. Ling - Averaged close to 90 SC for his career.

ando_10

Quote from: MC on April 07, 2012, 11:20:45 PM
Good luck in round 15 when you've run out of trades after trading the same players in and out multiple times. He'll be a top 10 defender by season's end. Has averaged 98 in the past two seasons, playing both mid and back, what's to stop him this year? Taggers/shut down players can score well - see C. Ling - Averaged close to 90 SC for his career.

who said ill run out of trades :S

Ringo

Quote from: gotheroos! on April 07, 2012, 11:16:55 PM
+ 1 thinking exactly the same Dempsey for Golby. We picked Broughton as a prem for a reason and whilst has not been great he can score well as we know.  Also remember who he has played on in the first 2 rounds Geelong and Sydney both top teams and out of necessity may have been given a lock down role.

Personally I am waiting for a few more rounds to see what his role will really be.  Playing Brisbane next week so lets see if he is freed up here. He does not have the capacity to play on Brown  so do not see another lock down role for him unless given a midfield tag on Rockliff or Rich and then being in mids will score more anyway.

creeker

Broughton is a very good player and can make some massive scores, however if Ross Lyon
keeps giving him these roles it will hurt us big time.
I'm considering Broughton for Bock.
Round 13 bye is the only problem, Thoughts !

ando_10

Quote from: creeker on April 08, 2012, 10:38:54 AM
Broughton is a very good player and can make some massive scores, however if Ross Lyon
keeps giving him these roles it will hurt us big time.
I'm considering Broughton for Bock.
Round 13 bye is the only problem, Thoughts !

yeah that could work just depends on what the end up doing with bock if nab cup is anything to go by then he will be playing down forward.

heres my thoughts:

broughton to dempsey
caddy to marc murphy

ubeaut

Getting Murphy in sounds very logical. Dempsey will make $$$ while Murphy over Caddy will more than make up for any points Broughton may score over Dempsey. Caddy 70+avg Murphy 120+avg. Dempsey 80+ avg Broughton 90+avg.I think Murphy will be a must have this season.

creeker

Like it Ando.
With the round 13 bye I just can't bring in Bock, so with limited funds i can

Broughton for Marty Clarke. Coniglio for Josh Kennedy. ( syd )  or
Broughton for Dempsey, Coniglio for Hayes.

One thing for sure is that Broughton is gone, would swap him for Relton Roberts at the moment.

SydneyRox

Nope. Waste of a trade right now, I wasnt sold on Broughton in the first place, but wasting a trade on a player who has also suffered some roller coaster scores in the past is asking for trouble....

Torress

ppl are coming out with all sorts of sideway movements!!

Q - is trading out broughts for dempsey logical.
A - i'd say no it isn't, way to similar types. if you were gonna drop broughts bringing in any midpricer is one hell of a risk. if i'm trading him (which i won't), i'd wanna be dam sure of his replacement and that replacements role. i'd probably just bring in the cheapest, highest scorer to make money and start upgrading in round 6 with a big wad of dough in the kitty.

but i'm a stubborn prick, i'm backing broughts.

BoredSaint

never trade out premiums..

if only i got a dollar for everytime ive said that