So Far This Round...

Started by MC, April 07, 2012, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

I've learnt the following things;

#1. Brian Lake has proven he can still pull out some brilliant SC scores. (Lol at those people who traded him out...)
#2. Brett Deledio has proven his interrupted pre-season didn't mean sh*t. Absolute jet.
#3. Rookies can NEVER be trusted to perform consistently. (Looking at you Clay Smith  >:( )
#4. Danger vs Sidebottom - Close to par at the moment.
#5. Trades in Rd1 are stupid. (Ie. Adcock in, Broughton out, Lake out, Black in etc, etc, etc..)
#6. 2 premium ruck strategy is backfiring at the moment. (Cox, Mumford etc)
#7. Pre-season hype for many players has paid off so far (Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Sidebottom, Porp, Dempsey etc)
#8. Pre-season hype for many players hasn't paid off so far (Golby, Mumford, Cox, Rockliff, many GWS rookies)
#9. Pendles vs Swan = Pendles  8)
#10. Premium players are named as such for a VERY good reason. They'll come through with the goods. (Ie. Broughton, Cox, Rockliff etc)

Any other comments/observations?

kilbluff1985

#11 In my second fantasy footy season i think i like watching how players are scoring rather then the game, think i'm addicted.

ando_10

Quote from: MC on April 07, 2012, 10:58:02 PM
I've learnt the following things;

#1. Brian Lake has proven he can still pull out some brilliant SC scores. (Lol at those people who traded him out...)
#2. Brett Deledio has proven his interrupted pre-season didn't mean sh*t. Absolute jet.
#3. Rookies can NEVER be trusted to perform consistently. (Looking at you Clay Smith  >:( )
#4. Danger vs Sidebottom - Close to par at the moment.
#5. Trades in Rd1 are stupid. (Ie. Adcock in, Broughton out, Lake out, Black in etc, etc, etc..)
#6. 2 premium ruck strategy is backfiring at the moment. (Cox, Mumford etc)
#7. Pre-season hype for many players has paid off so far (Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Sidebottom, Porp, Dempsey etc)
#8. Pre-season hype for many players hasn't paid off so far (Golby, Mumford, Cox, Rockliff, many GWS rookies)
#9. Pendles vs Swan = Pendles  8)
#10. Premium players are named as such for a VERY good reason. They'll come through with the goods. (Ie. Broughton, Cox, Rockliff etc)

Any other comments/observations?

#8 GWS rookies have only played 1 game mate :S they play tomorrow?? ease up on them..

MC

Quote from: ando_10 on April 07, 2012, 11:16:05 PM

#8 GWS rookies have only played 1 game mate :S they play tomorrow?? ease up on them..

More intending to point out that some coaches were relying heavily on GWS rookies to make up the bulk of their team. Due to the heavy losses expected, as well as the obvious sharing of points and the typical performance of rookie type players, some may have been surprised by the variance in scoring ability of many players. Not having a go, merely pointing out the obvious.

Torpedo10

How hasn't a 2 premo Ruck strategy not worked out? Most people went Mummy/Giles and had to play Redden/Giles when People who went 2 Ruck Premo strategy Cox/Giles which is alot better.

MC

What did you expect Mummy to score vs GWS? 90?
What did you expect Cox to be averaging? <100?
What did you expect Goldstein to get? 70?

Sandilands/Leuenberger are the only prem ruckman that I can think of who are performing as expected, and not many would have both of those.

(Jacobs I guess - but only 2% have him)

INB4whingers - I know this is only rd 2 (and some players have only played one game... simple observations!)

SonsOfZeus

12# my chance at the 50k is gone but thompson will be top 5 mids ths year