beau waters ripped off???

Started by afl_freak2, April 07, 2012, 08:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afl_freak2

whats going on with beau water sc score??? he had 20 kicks and nearly 80 percent!! how could he only score 78??? should be close to 100 if not over 100??

Colliwobblers

thats SC for you nothing much counts once the game has been decided and this one was decided very very early.

great game from waters tho and as you say everything he did seemed to count very efficient which for SC is gold, pity the game was already won by the time a WCE defender ever touched the ball :)

jabroni

cox also not even getting 90  :-\

afl_freak2

so why did all the other west coast players score so well?? what do u mean if the games over early the scored wont count much??? i dont get it?? why did mastens score sky rocket after half time then if the game was done and dusted??? how the hell did nic nat score 108 when he didnt do much??

Ziplock

it depends on all the weighting. Waters might just have gotten cheap kicks off the backline, while other players worked hard at contesting ball etc.

jabroni

A) obviously VS staff play SC as well so its human nature to favour players you have over those you don't

b) You can bet $$ on SC scores so if there's dodgy dealings in big-time sports then it stands to reason it could happen in SC as well

Just playing devils advocate  ;D

Ziplock

thats actually why I dont play SC seriously- I really dislike a game in which the scoring system isn't properly released and open to subjectivity.

Noz

Got a lot of his kicked on the wing at back by himself.
I have him and was reasonably happen with his return hopefully has a low break even and can go up a bit in price next week

jabroni

Quote from: Ziplock on April 07, 2012, 08:47:00 PM
thats actually why I dont play SC seriously- I really dislike a game in which the scoring system isn't properly released and open to subjectivity.

im the same - i have 2 $$ leagues in DT but just fun leagues in SC

CrowsFan

Quote from: afl_freak2 on April 07, 2012, 08:27:25 PM
whats going on with beau water sc score??? he had 20 kicks and nearly 80 percent!! how could he only score 78??? should be close to 100 if not over 100??
He actually finished with a score of 85 not 78, so a little better ;)

browny_wce

Waters never gets "cheap stats" in the back half, he worked his ass off today!

Cruiseon

You might not have to worry about this problem with Waters next week, the match review will look at his bump & he is probably 50:50 given his record to get a week or so. Good bump but was > 10m from the ball. We'll see.

SonsOfZeus

lol ive come to realise supercoach is utter crap in terms of scoring system

brb mith robinson handball 3 points chris judd handball 10 points
brb heath scotland at 54 points 3 qtr time at 15 disposals 85 full time 28 disp and a goal
brb matty boyd plays better than 99.9% of competition every week(thaths you juddy) and still scores less
brb match winning goal sees score go from 40 to 100 when a bloke played a stable game for 80

afl_freak2

yeah im finding supercoach is a bit of a joke!!! the scoring system is setting me back big time!!! some people will get lucky with their starting team and others shafted!

look at swan vs trengove???

nic nat??? how the hell did he get over 100

look at all the westcoast players racking up junk points late in the game..... they scored high as hell (waters no love????)

boyd????

scott thompson (a know ball butcher) scored a lot higher in sc????

lids going at nearly 80% and should have scored close to 160sc???

newman 84% with 18 kicks???/

jobe watson 16 kicks @ 60% and he scores 150??? having said that he did get 13 tackles

Colliwobblers

love it or hate it it is what it is, i prefer DT just becasue i like watching the scores as i watch the game, but SC has it's upside also in that in general it aims to reward players who are effiecient and have an impact, allows you also to score well from KPP particularly in defence.

If you look there are A LOT of VERY in depth criticisms and web sites going VERY DEEP into annalysing the scoring system, there are obviously vested interests and as you say money and betting involved, this rather than being a negative is probably a possitive as the scoring will be looked at VERY VERY closely meaning we should end up generally with accurate fair scoring.

1. champion data is involved and there is no way thier reporting on stats can be doubted.

2. A judd hardball get and a handball to advantage to start a scoring chain is going to weighted a LOT higher than a waters handball backwards in defence that is fumbled and leads to a turn over goal.

judd and waters just as an example nothing to do with them as players but that's how SC works. ADD to that the weighting as Zip said is then adjusted to what players did not only for the impact what they did had but then on where the game was at when they did it, as you often hear in SC once the game is won and lost far less weighting is given to scoring actions.