Michael Barlow

Started by MorningFresh, April 06, 2012, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorningFresh

Big fan, and mean no harm by this at all but can I ask: What do people see in him?

Do they really think that half a season's worth of form is enough to decide that he's a premium midfielder?

We've certainly seem some flash in the pan's in the past (even Kepler Bradley springs to mind), how likely do people think it is that a fully fit Michael Barlow can score 105+ a week and for that matter, nail down a permanent spot in Fremantle's midfield?

tor01doc

Yes he can and once fit he'll be 105 -110 since taggers will struggle to cover allof Freo's mids.

Only word of caution is the broken leg is hard to get over - N Brown!

Hoping the vest last week will help him become a bargain for M 6 or 7.

upthemaidens

didnt he get 45 in one quarter last week?

MC

To score 72 from like 35%(?) TOG was very, very effective! He'll come good by about rd 6-8 and could potentially be a great m6 choice come season's end.

MorningFresh

Fair enough, probably should have done a little research before making this post, wasn't aware he played last week and was basing this more on pre-season discussion. Thanks guys!

upthemaidens

Quote from: MorningFresh on April 07, 2012, 12:15:36 AM
Fair enough, probably should have done a little research before making this post, wasn't aware he played last week and was basing this more on pre-season discussion. Thanks guys!
haha  good one  .. 52 DT  72 SC  came on in the 3rd quarter, could come down in price if he wears the vest again,,  juicy pick-up  in 5 weeks

dmagnus

You didn't just compare Micky B's form in 2010 to the early 2011 serviceable games of Kepler Bradley.

Micky B is a gut running ball hunting magnet. What do people see in him?? Not only would he fit straight into Freo's midfield, he'd fit into any midfield.

thollo

Somebody obviously missed the Barlow train in 2010! He played only 13 games but had an average of 110. In his first year. GUN.
When he gets match-fit he'll be more delicious than Rioli!

pavs nose

Quote from: thollo on April 07, 2012, 02:12:09 AM
Somebody obviously missed the Barlow train in 2010! He played only 13 games but had an average of 110. In his first year. GUN.

Only Bruce gets to decide who is 'delicious'

SydneyRox

If you have him now, I would be pretty happy, you can ride the money train and trade him out if needed.

I wont be looking to bring him in this year though.

His preseason has not been the best so I am not 100% sure he is going to run the season out well, though I would expect him to avg 100+ over the next 6-8weeks making some good coin.

MC

Quote from: pavs nose on April 07, 2012, 10:36:44 AM
Quote from: thollo on April 07, 2012, 02:12:09 AM

Only Bruce gets to decide who is 'delicious'

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 07, 2012, 12:20:13 AM
Quote from: MorningFresh on April 07, 2012, 12:15:36 AM
haha  good one  .. 52 DT  72 SC  came on in the 3rd quarter, could come down in price if he wears the vest again,,  juicy pick-up  in 5 weeks

scores are waited more heavily in close games so his 72 was more like a 45

MC

Quote from: SonsOfZeus on April 07, 2012, 01:01:21 PM

scores are waited more heavily in close games so his 72 was more like a 45

And yet it's still a 72.