Possible week 3 double trade?

Started by leighroids, April 06, 2012, 06:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leighroids

Hey all. Im not jumping to conclusions here and making early unnecessary decisions or anything, but i have a possible double trade scenario to change structure i MIGHT consider next week. I need some opinions please.
Like many, i opted for the 3 premium midfield, 3 rookie mid structure with Caddy being my 4th mid. Im not sure if i made the right decision. Ive got 10k in bank.
Ok, so what im thinking is doing a double trade. ONLY IF Broughton has another downer week, im considering downgrading to Mohr, giving me around 385k.
Then, upgrading Caddy to pretty much any premium mid around the 600k mark (changing my structure to a 4 premium mid one).

IF I DO THIS. My backline will be GODDARD, BIRCHALL, H SHAW, GRIMES, LAKE, BUGG, CLARKE (MOHR, MORRIS)
Mid will be ABLETT, SWAN, WATSON, (SOMEONE ROUND THE 600K MARK) ,SHIEL, MAGNER (MCDONALD LEDGER)

So to sum up, Its keeping Broughton as back 4 and keeping Caddy as mid 4 OR
Lose experience in back line, get Mohr in there, and getting another premium mid as 4th burning 2 trades.

Would that be worth it or not?

leighroids

BTW, if i do this, it will give me 606k. Just enough for Selwood or S Thompson  :)

MC

Looks ok to me, but can you justify burning 2 trades to achieve it? You obviously picked Greg for a reason, and to be contemplating this after one (perhaps 2) games would seem a tad pre-emptive.

Out of interest: What does Broughton need to score to cement his spot in your side? And Caddy?

quinny88

no point even bothering with this thread untill they have played really. cant possibly give an opinion untill they have played but yea if they both stink it up again then i would strongly consider it

Mozza3

Its a tough one because if Broughton stinks it up again you don't exactly want a premium defender busting out 50s. Saying that if you trade him out it really weakens your backline with question marks on Grimes and Lake themselves. Your mids might be short a premium but your rookies should be good enough to be serviceable. Saying that if Broughton stinks it up again than I reckon the best move would be bring Lids in to keep the status quo.

leighroids

I see where your coming from MC. I picked Broughton cause last year i watched a heap of Freo games on Foxtel. I had Duffield all last year, and every week i was watching Broughton dominate, while Duffield screwed me over. I wanted him. Im dont wanna b screwed over again with the possibility of Broughton being the Duffield of last year, if that makes sense.
To answer your question, ill like to hope that Broughton scores somewhere between 127 and 144 (wat his done the last 2 years against the swans). Ill like Caddy to score atleast an 80+
And Mozza, your right about making my backline weak.

Free Kick

Broughton named in the middle again leighroids.

Watch this weeks games with interest and see what transpires.

I think four premium mids is the way to go because you usually know what your going to get each week from the midfield elite. Good luck. 8)

Colliwobblers

makes no sense caddy is a rookie basically at his price scored a 77 and wont ever score less than that unless he is hte sub (scary - named last on the IC bench) but there are so many muppetts in that team less capable than him that mckenna would have to be a moron to have caddy sub.

so he probably will start sub if not because mckenna is a moron then because i have caddy and i only pick subs in my team.... ???

BUT if caddy isnt the sub and continues to score well you shouldnt turn him into a premium until he is 400k

by then bugg will be 400k and instead of broughton + caddy = rook + selwood

you get to go bugg + caddy = rook + selwood + $100 - $200 K in the bank for the same 2 trades....

leighroids

Ive got a different option in mind. Double trade still, but both backmen.
Grimes to Dempsey, Broughton to Deledio. Keep Caddy for the time being, let him go up in value, and upgrade to an premium in a few weeks time.

nathan11

just had a look and broughton has a be 0f 171 that's big enough to trade him out of my team with mundy coming back just cant see him turning it around quickly enough my team needs help and broughtons cash will help that