Has anyone else noticed?

Started by phiz3, April 06, 2012, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phiz3

Has anyone else noticed?

an emerging trend seems to be, two rucks in staring line-up...
ruck 2 plays lots of time in ruck through first half then gets vested in term 3 so Ruck 1 has the energy to play out the game...

Brogan Ruack 1? Giles Ruck 2?

Think big Giles could get vested this week. Sheedy is keen to time into the young kids legs.

Also (as dumb as it sounds) sheedy is keen on give Izzy some tim ein ruck, so he steps up to Ruck 2 when Giles goes off.

All speculation, but it happened again last night. Hudson played heaps of tim ein the ruck and Luey was up forward alot.
Hudson subbed off in Quater 3 and Leuy finished out the game predominantly in the Ruck (and carved it up :) )

I'll be starting Redden. I think he was subbed off last week because he was stuffed, not because he is Ruck 2.

Just food for thought.

Jake8

You have a point. I think i might start Redden as Giles is playing Goldstein and Mcintosh

DazBurg

Quote from: Jake8 on April 06, 2012, 11:11:39 AM
You have a point. I think i might start Redden as Giles is playing Goldstein and Mcintosh
true but redden is playing hille/ryder
if they play like they did last week redden will have a hard time

crabapples

i was just trying to make my decision as well .. there'a a massive ammount of big men (that are also really good) ATM which i think gives alot of teams the luxury to try these things ur talkin bout, i think ill flip a coin, Giles & Brogan vs Bic Mac n Goldy.. Redden Vs Ryder and Hille.. i think redden has less chance of being subbed without injury

phiz3

That was my thinking two crabapples.

I think giles MIGHT play alot of time against goldy and hmac in the first half and then get subbed off in 2nd half.

Cant see Redden getting subbed again this week as he is Ruck 1 and will go up against Ryder and Hille.

Also everyone is forgetting that Redden scored 70ish and only played 3 quarters agianst McEvoy.
If he plays a full games, like Giles did last week, current form says he will outscore him anyway.

Redden Starting ruck for me :)

Jake8

They both will score roughly similiar but I think Redden will score a bit more

crabapples

well i flipped my coin and it came up Orren...  im commited now :P

Jake8

haha. Lets see if he gets named first

DazBurg

well think i'll go with giles to be different  ;)

plus yes redden number 1 ruck but support in stewart like last week but jackson trengrove also goes into ruck as well

plus ryder/hille killed it last week

and atm brogan only on extended bench probably change my mind when final teams come out

phiz3

Orren :)

does anyone remember Blake?

Orren is serving a purpose, that purpose is "stand there and be tall"
Not condusive to good supercoaching.

Also, Orren has played seconds for the last 10 years for a reason. He isn't very good...

Im a cats man by the way, and love him. doesn't change the numbers though.

phiz3

@ Dazburg

Stewert will play exclusivley fwd this week with no butcher in the team.

Trengove will be used as a spare tall back to play on Hille/Ryder when they rest in the Backline.
They might take some of the Ruck duties in the respective 50m arcs, but doubt they will take many centre bounces.

Redden will take most ruck duties unless his body lets him down.

nostradamus

l'm not so sure that Giles will be subbed off......last week l thought the Giants really lacked any sort of presence up forward. With that in mind l think Sheeds would be more likely to put him there than sub him off when Brogan is rucking.

l will be sticking with Giles as 2nd ruck

DazBurg

Quote from: phiz3 on April 06, 2012, 11:32:35 AM
@ Dazburg

Stewert will play exclusivley fwd this week with no butcher in the team.

Trengove will be used as a spare tall back to play on Hille/Ryder when they rest in the Backline.
They might take some of the Ruck duties in the respective 50m arcs, but doubt they will take many centre bounces.

Redden will take most ruck duties unless his body lets him down.
true
but think i'll still go Giles just what my gut is telling me

redden may do well though McIntosh and Goldy didn't and there more experienced

either way both good choices imo just have a feeling to go with giles really no other reason then that for me  :)

Torress

Giles starting for me over redden. not getting too fancy just yet!