Clay Smith > Tory Dickson

Started by toddycgs, April 06, 2012, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toddycgs

i made the pathetic move of picking dickson over smith before rd 1
is it worth burning the trade now or should i stick with dickson?

bluedreamin

Depends on whether you need to make more than 2 fix up trades next week. If not, then stick with Dickson one more week and see how he goes. I would not be surprised if Smith got the green vest this week after blowing up at 3/4 time last week.

cortez

Its only round 1 just leave it. for all you know dickson will tonne up and smith will get round 60. then youll be thinking oh shower...

Jake8

save the trade unless Smith destroys it and Dickson spuds up

port2012

did u pick dickson in midfield?

Lions01

Quote from: bluedreamin on April 06, 2012, 10:32:38 AM
Depends on whether you need to make more than 2 fix up trades next week. If not, then stick with Dickson one more week and see how he goes. I would not be surprised if Smith got the green vest this week after blowing up at 3/4 time last week.

Exactly what i would be doing, if everything else is ok with your team give it another week. Remember that scores this week are more important then round 1 scores, as it will stay in their rolling average 2 weeks.

Jake8

Jake8

how did u get jim in your midfield

phiz3

I'm confused...

are we talking Tory DIckson Fwd vs Clay smith midfield?

If so, then that would be an a two trade discision wouldn't it?

If we are talking Tory Dickson Fwd vs Devon Smith Fwd,

Then it is not worth a trade at all unless Dickson doesn't get named in rd 3. Devon smith was only alrigh, and Tory DIckson was in a team that got smashed. Give it a week to settle down.

Jake8

phiz3

true, but they will be smashed every week :)

I think you will find that every week, a new kid will get a massive score. that was the trend in the NAB cup.
Opposition teams dont know who to try and stop yet other than the established players.
I doubt there will be any consistancy amongst the kids in terms of be scores.

Doggies have a slight chance of winning one or two games this year. In those games Dickson could be effective.
Hopefully he has them at the start of the year though, otherwise he is useless as a cashcow...

Jake8

Yeh thats true. I can wait to see them play gold coast

Rowan1812

When Clay Smith pulls out a 50-60 odd this week are you still gonna wanna trade him in. NO. So don't do it this week. Wait till he scores shower and then be happy you didn't waste a trade.

Jake8

phiz3

back to the original post from toddycgs.
If you dont have Clay smith in ur team then watch this week, and if he smashes it agian, then get him in.
T Dickson isn't straight swap so you cant trade him for smith.

You will need to decide which of your mid rookies are worth slaughtering to make way for Smith.
At the moment the only one you would keep in preference to Smith is Magnet (or Kennedy if he is in your mids instead of Fwds

Good Fwd rookies are not that many at the moment... Only ones worth getting are Milera (bit more $) and Kennedy.

Hope this helps.