Word of friendly advice to other newbies

Started by ubeaut, April 05, 2012, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Quote from: cortez on April 05, 2012, 06:17:00 PM
Honestly no one on here is an expert. some people know more than others due to more research and others think they know know more. In the end no one knows what will happen and who will score more. such desions like:

pendles or swan
lake or dempsey
adcock or broughton
fyfe or pav

and so on are in the end personally made. people may tell you one thing or the other but in the end it is your choice. ill just say one more thing, dont make the assumption after one round that pendles is better than swan or adcock is better than the back you picked. ill ask you this. do you feel that stanton is a better pick than watson cause he outscored him in round 1?
No I think Watson is still a better pick because his game suits SC scoring better. Stanto may finally have turned a corner but I'll believe that when/if he puts more good scores together. I'm not making the Swan/Pendles "assumption" after one round,I made that call prior to round one but didn't back myself. Also thought Adcock is a gun and with Golby,Drummond and Hanley etc. playing it allows him to play midfield where he smashes it. Again didn't back myself and instead listened to others advice over my own. This is my fault,no-one elses. Not trying to blame anyone,just trying to give other newbies a hand to trust their decisions at the end of the day.

ubeaut

Why am I getting booed for trying to help people out?  :'(

upthemaidens

its alittle funny that you're giving advice to people not to take advice.
  so a "newbie" starts a thread asking for opinions,, we all should just post"do what you want""go with your gut" that would be helpful

cortez

can i call you king noob from now on? :-)

cortez

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 05, 2012, 06:45:16 PM
  so a "newbie" starts a thread asking for opinions,, we all should just post"do what you want""go with your gut" that would be helpful

+1

Dazzalenko

I agree with some of what you say mate, but ultimately, you gotta make a call yourself and not give in to what may seem as peer pressure, there has been a lot of comments like "you're an idiot if you don't start this guy....you're dumb if you get this or that player" but in the end you have to do what you feel is going to work best for you mate.

I remember when i first started readin threads on this website a few months ago, it seemed like everyone had J.brown,christensen, robbo, zaka and sidebottom in their forward line and debate was raging over whether Buddy should be a starter or not, I'm glad I didn't listen to any of that, that's for sure!

ubeaut

I'm well aware of the irony here. Just think people(like me) listen too much to others opinion over their own.

upthemaidens

Quote from: ubeaut on April 05, 2012, 06:56:13 PM
I'm well aware of the irony here. Just think people(like me) listen too much to others opinion over their own.
ok, but u have to understand.  coaches here dont PM random people telling them how to pick a team. 
  people come to the forum for advice, so thats what they hopefully get(good or bad) .

SydneyRox

Just to clear it up for the other new people

1. I am always right
2. My words are gospel
3. If you think I told you to do the wrong thing you misunderstood me
4. When all else fails - See note 1.

Glad thats all sorted.... now where is that red wine T Dog?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: ubeaut on April 05, 2012, 04:19:38 PM
I've learnt the hard way to take everything people say on these forums with a grain of salt. If I've learnt anything from my short SC experience it is to do as much of your own research as possible and trust your gut feel.
Already I've picked Swan over Pendles, even though I knew Pendles is better at SC I got persuaded by the "he will go down in price" argument. Who cares? Just pick the best players. He probably will come down in price but what good is it if you're already so far behind from not picking him to start with?

Not going to name names,but a regular and respected poster told me that Adcock would not be a good pick as he was tagging all PS,and there's no Raines. Well now I've missed out on Adcock because I listened to this instead of backing my own judgement. Claye Beams tagged Moloney and will prob tag Murphy or Judd tonight. They also said Taylor Hunt would NOT tag and he tagged Hill. You get the picture.

No disrespect intended to anyone on here, I appreciate feedback and know alot of you have good advice at times.
Just wanted to warn other relative newbies not to make the same mistakes I made. TRUST YOUR GUT.

taylor hunt has to be one the best and most renowned taggers in the game, whoever told you that either doesn't follow the game at all or lied.

as for your advie....

part of what you say - doing your research and trusting your gut INCLUDES asking questions in forums, what you believe is the same here as it is on false articles on renowned websites, mis information is everywhere and you only have one person picking your team at the end of the day and therefore one person to blame....

cheer up and stay possitive next round and next season you'll know better, but i would NOT suggest discarding all the information on FF or from it's members great bunch generally :) maybe just ignore the bloke who said Hunt doesn't tag  :o

T Dog

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 05, 2012, 07:19:51 PM
Just to clear it up for the other new people

4. When all else fails - See note 1.

Glad thats all sorted.... now where is that red wine T Dog?

Having a nice one here SydneyRox...just watching the Lions self destruct slowly at half time. Big Sauce Merritt may be the key. Get on him......see expert opinion, treat it as gospel

upthemaidens

I've learnt the hard way to take everything people say on these forums with a grain of salt. If I've learnt anything from my short SC experience it is to do as much of your own research as possible and trust your gut feel.
Already I've picked Swan over Pendles, even though I knew Pendles is better at SC I got persuaded by the "he will go down in price" argument. Who cares? Just pick the best players. He probably will come down in price but what good is it if you're already so far behind from not picking him to start with?

Not going to name names,but a regular and respected poster told me that Adcock would not be a good pick as he was tagging all PS,and there's no Raines. Well now I've missed out on Adcock because I listened to this instead of backing my own judgement. Claye Beams tagged Moloney and will prob tag Murphy or Judd tonight. They also said Taylor Hunt would NOT tag and he tagged Hill. You get the picture.

No disrespect intended to anyone on here, I appreciate feedback and know alot of you have good advice at times.
Just wanted to warn other relative newbies not to make the same mistakes I made. TRUST YOUR GUT.
maybe the advice on not getting adcock isnt so bad now?

MC

Lol! Knew this was coming. He's still averaging 100 though after 2 games.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 05, 2012, 11:28:30 PM

maybe the advice on not getting adcock isnt so bad now?

+1 ironic isnt it

meow meow

Not going to name names,but a regular and respected poster told me that Adcock would not be a good pick as he was tagging all PS

Haha! Nobody respects my opinion.