Redden vs Giles

Started by The Supercoach, April 05, 2012, 12:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redden vs Giles

Redden
Giles

The Supercoach

With brogan back this week is it safer to put redden on the ground over giles?

Colliwobblers

i say yes hopefully he was only subbed last round because he had nothing left in the tank. Doesnt mean this round will be any different and the bombers won't make an easy ruck job but giles will share duties surely?

MGK1

Wait till the teams are released so we can see who's named with them.

Giles if there is no Brogan.
Redden if there is no 2nd ruck and Brogan is playing GWS.
Giles if both ruckman are sharing duties IMO.

Noz

Giles does have the ability to swing forward and kick a couple not sure if Redden does. You wouldn't think Brogan would spend a lot of time in the ruck. Redden is the sole ruck man at Port with Lobbe and Renouf still a while away.
Verdict - Giles the much bigger body with a bit more experience will get the job done against the Roos.

Giles to score 102
Redden to score 86

ubeaut

Giles vs Goldstein/HMac

Redden vs Ryder/Hille

Ryder/Hille beat Goldstein /Hmac convincingly(and surprisingly,even as a Bombers man)

Therefore Redden has the tougher job. Worried about Brogan though. Tough call......Giles easy with no Brogan. We'll have to wait and see how Sheeds uses his rucks. Brogan is an experienced ruck though,so if he plays my guess he will be used there mostly with Giles pushing forward.

The Bomber

it was a smart move by hirdy (or the ruck coach) to out play a grear combination in Goldy/Hmac...

I'd go Giles, got a decent 86 against mummy last week so should be able to cope against ryder (assuming brogan goes to hille seems logical)...

jamez_1983

Quote from: The Bomber on April 05, 2012, 02:26:49 AM
it was a smart move by hirdy (or the ruck coach) to out play a grear combination in Goldy/Hmac...

I'd go Giles, got a decent 86 against mummy last week so should be able to cope against ryder (assuming brogan goes to hille seems logical)...

Giles and brogan will be playing Goldy/Hmac this week dood.

Its a tough decision but personally leaning towards giles to score 70+ which i will be happy with.

scotty_222

issy folau still did a bit of ruck work in that first game.
nowhere near as much as what brogan will do.
giles can go forward..
i think giles is a solid option this week..
redden looked like he had nothing left..

JSelwood14

Ringo

Same dilemna who to play Reddan or Giles.  Had Reddan on the field last week and he was subbed out and looking at an 80+ score similar to Giles.  Did not see the game but appreciate the comments that he looked spent.
Giles is up against Goldstein and Mc and will be under constant pressure unlike Mummys reliefs last week.
Redaan will have to combat the Ryder/Hille combo.

The dilemna who will score the most and will Reddan play a full game.
Will probably go Giles based on the fact he will play the whole game.

Disco

It depends on whether Brogan is named in GWS's team. If he is I'd put Redden on the field before giles.

The Supercoach

Brogan named but also Giles .... I think giles the safer option now :-\

phiz3

Has anyone else noticed?

an emerging trend seems to be, two rucks in staring line-up...
ruck 2 plays lots of time in ruck through first half then gets vested in term 3 so Ruck 1 has the energy to play out the game...

Brogan Ruack 1? Giles Ruck 2?

Think big Giles could get vested this week. Sheedy is keen to time into the young kids legs.

Also (as dumb as it sounds) sheedy is keen on give Izzy some tim ein ruck, so he steps up to Ruck 2 when Giles goes off.

All speculation, but it happened again last night. Hudson played heaps of tim ein the ruck and Luey was up forward alot.
Hudson subbed off in Quater 3 and Leuy finished out the game predominantly in the Ruck (and carved it up :) )

I'll be starting Redden. I think he was subbed off last week because he was stuffed, not because he is Ruck 2.

Just food for thought.

Jake8

The Supercoach

sorry guys i was meant to say

Brogan named, but also *TRENGROVE*, I think giles is the safer option now