Market Watch

Started by Ricochet, April 04, 2012, 12:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132247/default.aspx

Market watch

By Dr Dream Team 10:44 AM Wed 04 Apr, 2012

Keep
MAYBE those resounding boos, can be exchanged for three cheers.

Essendon running machine Brent Stanton (MID $528, 300) notched up the highest score of round one with 153 points.

His 35 possessions, eight clearances and two goals against North Melbourne would have delighted the 1.2 per cent of teams who slotted him into their midfield.

With his supreme endurance in the substitute era, he looms as a premium no-brainer pick.

He was given No.5 for a reason people.

Trade
Why on earth would you burn a trade this early in the season?

Patience is indeed a virtue.

Players rise in price after round three, so if you are dissatisfied with a player's performance at least wait until then.

All right, just for arguments sake, we'll chuck Western Bulldogs defender Brian Lake ($255,200) on the block.

Lake scored 29 points from 95 per cent game time at the weekend, giving 73,000 dream teamers an insight into why Rodney Eade seemingly wanted to throttle him so many times.

Even still, a week is a long time in football.

Invest
Dubbed the 'magnet', James Magner (MID $85, 800) is, well, a ball magnet.

A total of 84,000 dream teamers would have been delighted when he lived up to hype—scoring 103 points in his AFL debut.

His 23 possessions, along with two goals, make him a must have commodity in your team.

Better still, he looks almost certain to improve on his performance as the season progresses. Thus, catapulting him up the price range table.

If you're going to relinquish a trade, Magner is your man. And just look at his price.

New Kid on the block
All the hoopla surrounding Giants youngsters Tomas Bugg (DEF, $104,200) and Adam Kennedy (MID, $104,200) was warranted.

But one GWS kid who almost went missing in translation was Toby Greene (MID, $134,700), who collected a tidy 99 points against the Swans.

Greene drew favourable comparisons to Brisbane Lions midfielder Simon Black when drafted by the Giants with their 11th pick last year.

If he turns out anything like the Lions champion, the 1.1 per cent of teams who own him will be joyous.

That hurts
Hawthorn skipper Luke Hodge (MID, $467,300) missed last week's showdown against Collingwood with a calf injury.

He looks almost certain to miss the Easter Monday clash against arch-rivals Geelong, as well.

That spells trouble for the 10,920 dream teamers who thought Hodge would be fit from the get go.

Calf injuries are notorious for their recovery time and Hodge's program will be heavily managed with September the clear focus.

It might be worth swapping him for Tigers brute Dustin Martin (MID, $442,000) or downgrading for consistent Dogs youngster Tom Liberatore (MID, $345,000).

Bear in mind the earlier warning of burning trades too early though.

The last word
After a powder puff round last week, it's time to fire up with head-to-head matchups beginning.

Just like an AFL head coach, you're now at the mercy of your players.

Will they play for the coach?

Windigo

Justin Bieber

How could people have hodge? Just shows the amount of people who don't take DT seriously...

JamSainter

Does 'the doctor' get paid for this???!?!

Master Q

Quote from: whatlez on April 04, 2012, 12:25:22 PM
How could people have hodge? Just shows the amount of people who don't take DT seriously...
Obviously... I do DT for  the fun of it  ;)

Quote from: JamSainter on April 04, 2012, 12:30:27 PM
Does 'the doctor' get paid for this???!?!
I know... A first year DT'er could write up something like this  ::)

Ricochet

yeh nothing new here, obviously he has to target ppl that arent smart enough to use sites like FanFooty, dreamteamtalk, etc.

Master Q

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2012, 12:42:06 PM
yeh nothing new here, obviously he has to target ppl that arent smart enough to use sites like FanFooty, dreamteamtalk, etc.
True true

JamSainter

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2012, 12:42:06 PM
Or watch the footy themselves?

kilbluff1985

I got Toby Greene in the last few days before lockout and played him on the field just wanted somebody unique hope he keeps it up

Windigo

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on April 04, 2012, 01:05:13 PM
I got Toby Greene in the last few days before lockout and played him on the field just wanted somebody unique hope he keeps it up

I had him for sooo long, but switched to Coniglio.  :-\

elephants

Quote from: Windigo on April 04, 2012, 01:11:34 PM

Coniglio will come good mate. Number 2 pick (should have been number 1) for a reason! He is a jet :)

Jukes

Windigo

Quote from: elephants on April 04, 2012, 01:18:45 PM
Quote from: Windigo on April 04, 2012, 01:11:34 PM

Coniglio will come good mate. Number 2 pick (should have been number 1) for a reason! He is a jet :)

I know he is. I'll be expecting 75+ this week.

Ricochet

I had him all preseason as well but was too worried about JS and dropped him. will probably bite me on the ass now

Torpedo10

Greene looms as a downgrade for me next week if he can keep this up.