Main Menu

Which AFL club has the worst 2010 draw?

Started by HillHero13, October 31, 2009, 05:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillHero13

Mick Malthouse thinks collingwood have the worst draw Essendon play the top 4 teams of 2009 twice so i think the public should decide.

Alex7089

I reckon the bombers have got it pretty tough this year although I am probably being biased... Having to play the Dogs,Saints,Geelong,Collingwood, Carlton twice and playing WCE at Subi once, playing Crows at AAMI and the swans at the SCG... Struggle to make the 8 although I reckon we will still improve and the young blokes will all benefit from playing against quality teams. Short term pain for long term gain!

Trav0

freo gets the worst draw every year, 1 they are crap 2 they have to travel 10times and 3 they cant win interstate! case closed

Cicjose

agree travo and always the last game of the round so that its pretty self explanatory

no eye deer

Mick Malthouse is a winging White Goodman who wont be happy until the pies play  all 22 games at the G! When he was at West Coast he would complain how hard it is for interstate teams, now hes back in Melbourne he sooks if he goes interstate a couple of times a season. The pies get the best draw EVERY year, its all about the $$$$$$$$$$ not how fair it is. lets go back to drawing the so called "draw" out of a hat!

Freo have a tough start with both last years grand finallists + Adelaide +Bombers in the first four weeks :( Just give me two out of four pleeeeeease! ::)

ossie85

a) Michael Malthouse, and every coach, is paid to be bias towards there own club. They are all doing their jobs.

b) Can't blame Collingwood for selling more tickets than anybody else, blame the AFL for the draw.

c) Collingwood play St. Kilda, Geelong, Bulldogs, Carlton, Essendon and Hawthorn twice.

d) Collingwood play great away

e) West Coast won 3 flags travelling interstate, Fremantle don't have any escuse.

bunyip

If you have a "bad" draw and make the finals, at least you know you deserve to be there :)

HillHero13

Quote from: bunyip on March 08, 2010, 10:12:57 AM
If you have a "bad" draw and make the finals, at least you know you deserve to be there :)

Essendon in 2009..

by the way ossie malthouse is doing his job being bias but he is the only coach that comes out and says Collingwood have 'The Worst Draw' in the AFL..

of course all teams will think that but he is the only one that comes out...

and.. all interstate teams have to travel 11/12 times brisbane, sydney, adelaide.... so you can't say that freo have the worst draw because they travel 11 times a year, every interstate team does..

Case Closed!!

ossie85

He didn't say it was the worst draw, he said it wasn't ideal! The media asks a questions, and he answers, and then the media portray him as a radical. Mick has his own opinion, and I only agree with about half the things he said, but I much prefer his cranky old comments then the rehearsed crap you get out of most people. Kevin Sheedy was good like this also.

I don't care if Collingwood have to travel 22 times a year, if we're good enough, it won't matter.

MissPies

Quote from: HillHero13 on October 31, 2009, 05:55:40 AM
Mick Malthouse thinks collingwood have the worst draw Essendon play the top 4 teams of 2009 twice so i think the public should decide.
LOL he should be happy there are so many away games

MissPies

Quote from: HillHero13 on October 31, 2009, 05:55:40 AM
WTF can you quote which source told you MM has the worst draw..are you kidding we got a dime a dozen to choose from..and with all those away games..and yes our record for away games is the best in the league..sorry just wanna know where this comes from.

Prospector_1

Check tooserious for the ticker...but put your sunnies on first 8) 8)

MissPies

Quote from: no eye deer on March 08, 2010, 01:50:27 AM
Mick Malthouse is a winging White Goodman who wont be happy until the pies play  all 22 games at the G! When he was at West Coast he would complain how hard it is for interstate teams, now hes back in Melbourne he sooks if he goes interstate a couple of times a season. The pies get the best draw EVERY year, its all about the $$$$$$$$$$ not how fair it is. lets go back to drawing the so called "draw" out of a hat!

Freo have a tough start with both last years grand finallists + Adelaide +Bombers in the first four weeks :( Just give me two out of four pleeeeeease! ::)

Don't start me lol

dadsninja

Last year there was ONE team in the AFL who played both of the 2008 grand finalists twice.

Can you guess who? I'll give you a clue: not Collingwood.

CFC 1979

definately collingwOOOd

they have to travel to MCG + Etihad from Eddies palace

Not sure but they may have the longest trip in football - skilled stadium