Previous topic - Next topic

Who should I trade in for Clay Smith

Dylan Shiel
6 (31.6%)
Darren Pfeiffer
13 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

wyldie36

Pretty happy with my team... scored 2250 this week.

Here is my team!

I want to put Clay Smith in my side.. I got Dylan Shiel who I was always a bit iffy on and Derren Pfeifer who is my FWD rotation player.
Do I lose the rotation and just swap Pfeifer? or go Shiel?

Will clay smith make me enough money to justify this trade?

Comments appreciated, cheers!

fever

it's one game. any trade this week would be utterly ridiculous, if he has another belter then i spose it's worth considering.

the real question should be why you started with pfeiffer AND brown when you knew both weren't playing this week?

bomberboy0618

Trade Shiel. I beg you. Then come to me in Rd 4 when he busts out a 100.

JamSainter

Pfieffer to Smith.
And when you downgrade one of your rookie mid cash cows, downgrade him to a FWD/MID for the link later in the season.

GlassHarmonium

yorgis

smith won't be kicking 4 goals next week. why people spend 5-6 weeks picking a side while watchind nab cup, and then

wanting to trade after 1game, i'll never know.

fever

voted shiel btw. cannot see him ever scoring more than 40.

bottlemart

Do NOTHING this week.  As we all know, prices will not change.

If after next week, Clay Smith has another good game and pfiieffer doesn't get picked then you can consider Smith in for Pfiieffer.

I have Shiel, Magner, Ledger and Smith.  Ledger didn't play yesterday but I'm not gonna panic and trade him out, because I'm confident that he will play games and do well. 

I would NOT trade out Dylan Shiel.  He should come good aswell.  We all know that he has had an interupted pre season and will come good in time.  It is just a matter of match fitness which will come.

The other reason that we don't trade this week is because whos to say a rookie wont get injured, suspended or dropped, or another rookie comes good.  We cannot make rash decisions on one game only. 

Torress

Quote from: bottlemart on April 02, 2012, 11:52:36 AM
Do NOTHING this week.  As we all know, prices will not change.

If after next week, Clay Smith has another good game and pfiieffer doesn't get picked then you can consider Smith in for Pfiieffer.

I have Shiel, Magner, Ledger and Smith.  Ledger didn't play yesterday but I'm not gonna panic and trade him out, because I'm confident that he will play games and do well. 

I would NOT trade out Dylan Shiel.  He should come good aswell.  We all know that he has had an interupted pre season and will come good in time.  It is just a matter of match fitness which will come.

The other reason that we don't trade this week is because whos to say a rookie wont get injured, suspended or dropped, or another rookie comes good.  We cannot make rash decisions on one game only.

+1

but i did vote for pfiffer - must be a vest candidate when he plays. i'm not sure what position he'll actually play anyway.

wait till rookies are on the bubble!!
and round 1 scores only get calculated ONCE so lets see what happens next week.
i've actually started darley, pretty comfortable with him D9 (fingers crossed). also started neale and ledger! (didn't start Jmac)
no need to panic, kennedy is the one i might go for if he backs his round 1 score up.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: fever on April 02, 2012, 11:24:50 AM
it's one game. any trade this week would be utterly ridiculous, if he has another belter then i spose it's worth considering.

the real question should be why you started with pfeiffer AND brown when you knew both weren't playing this week?
+1

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on April 02, 2012, 11:28:33 AM
Trade Shiel. I beg you. Then come to me in Rd 4 when he busts out a 100.
+1

Quote from: yorgis on April 02, 2012, 11:38:45 AM
smith won't be kicking 4 goals next week. why people spend 5-6 weeks picking a side while watchind nab cup, and then

wanting to trade after 1game, i'll never know.
+1

Quote from: fever on April 02, 2012, 11:48:34 AM
voted shiel btw. cannot see him ever scoring more than 40.
+1

bowyanger

Then next week trade ellis and morris

The week after Bugg and Mohr will score crappy...so trade them out also

By then magner should be back scoring around 50...so trade him out

Because of Ricmonds hard start...at this time Lids and Dustbin are probs averaging around only the 90 mark...better trade them out

then

at round 6 or so...your team should be looking pretty awesome

ando_10

oh boy.... trade at your own peril mate.... i voted pfeiffer but DONT TRADE!

wyldie36

wow, thanks for feedback, I was just trying to get an idea of what people thought on the players im working with.

I'm not trading this week.  i'm defiantly wait for the bubble week on rookies! Like I said just wanted some feedback on those players.

Unfortunately I had no internet from Thursday onward so team was decided early.

Appreciate the crits.

Cheers

specky lecky

Brown in your midfield is more useless that pfeiffer. With phiffer you can swap your forwards without a worry. I know why you have brown, for the deledio bye. It would have been a whole lot easier if you had just gone with 2 premium defenders from the round 13 bye, and then have a rookie mid who is going to actually get games. I don't see the point in trading shiel out after one poor game.

mpollock

Your side rocks ... don't trade.

Having the DPP link with Pfeiffer and Brown is great ... they will get games at some stage soon.

Wait at least another round before jumping off Shiel or Pfeiffer.

Also note: C.Smith got vested despite killing it ... he may one kick 1 goal next week ... score 20 and get vested again.