Main Menu

LAKE?

Started by Carn, April 02, 2012, 10:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carn

what to do with lake?
30pts and looked slow.
early downgrade to guthrie, clake or mohr?

Torpedo10

Guthrie if anyone. I'd wait it out another week to see if some other rookie does well.

fever

if he has another stinker and mohr puts up a good showing then we've got decisions to make. but for now lets just keep cool, he was playing against the biggest fwd line in the comp so it's natural to think he'll have to do more defending than usual.

that being said i didn;t see any of the game. did he at least look interested?

fever

btw guthrie will probably be the one to go when j hunt and wojo come back

jfitty

Give him one more week. Otherwise a sideways trade to Hargrave or Demspey could be a better option

brodman_18

or Golby? off the top of my head I think they share a bye week?

JT23

I was shocked by Lake's ethic to win the ball.. He wasnt at all confident like he used to be and he just didnt look like he wanted to be there and playing for the bulldogs.. I had a total different opinion of him coming into the season ~ I thought he would come back to prove everyone wrong and kick some serious dreamteam ass but this wasnt at all what I expected. Anyway next week will tell the whole story for us cos he must be ashamed by his own efforts round 1 and should want to get back on track this week round 2.. If he doesnt prove himself this week (70+) I am not going to waste anytime booting him out of my dt

jfitty

Good way to describe it JT32, I was shocked too by his awful performance. Looked pretty decent in the preseason matches, scores weren't too shabby, then came out yesterday and completely stinked it up. I'm expecting a big week next week from Mr. Lake

brodman_18

I just read in another post that 1 in 6 people that had him (and it was about 30% of us) have already traded him out.
If this continues Lake will be unique. He is a class player coming back from 3 ops, no pre-season and a horrible year. Won't hit his straps until he playes a few games back to back - i'm thinking at least 5. + Morris and I think Williams are out meaning he has less leway to run off opponents.

Watch him over 3-4 weeks and see how he goes. I will be keeoing him on my field over Ellis and Morris

ubeaut

Quote from: fever on April 02, 2012, 10:58:32 AM
if he has another stinker and mohr puts up a good showing then we've got decisions to make. but for now lets just keep cool, he was playing against the biggest fwd line in the comp so it's natural to think he'll have to do more defending than usual.

No mate he looked slow,disinterested and crestfallen. He is not playing his high scoring role of loose man across half back.  Even if he was it wouldn't make much difference. I didn't expect him to set the world on fire,but I was hoping for 75. Not 30!! I think the longer he is in my team the worse off it will be. Giving him another week, but after that I think it might be time to pick up a rookie I missed like Mohr. Shoulda picked Dempsey,who won't score 98 every week but he is rebounding with Heppel in the mids. Looks fit and keen unlike Lake.

brownmans muffins

Quote from: ubeaut on April 02, 2012, 02:16:12 PM
Quote from: fever on April 02, 2012, 10:58:32 AM

No mate he looked slow,disinterested and crestfallen. He is not playing his high scoring role of loose man across half back.  Even if he was it wouldn't make much difference. I didn't expect him to set the world on fire,but I was hoping for 75. Not 30!! I think the longer he is in my team the worse off it will be. Giving him another week, but after that I think it might be time to pick up a rookie I missed like Mohr. Shoulda picked Dempsey,who won't score 98 every week but he is rebounding with Heppel in the mids. Looks fit and keen unlike Lake.

thanks for the info - even though it confirms my fears

Capper

im in the same boat but will be benching him this week and if still no good then Guthrie will come in for him

SAMCRO

I'll give him one more week. If he spuds it up again he's gone. Stupid tempting price!

js19

If Hungry Jacks sponsored the match-ball he'd gobble up every mark... ;D