Not to dissapointed with round 1

Started by quinny88, April 02, 2012, 01:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

I ended up with a less than impressive 2124 this week which I was initially a little dissapointed with but after going through it and assesing it I have put it down to this:
1. Choosing mummy as captain, big mistake (pendles or gaz next week)
2. Lake and broughton had stinkers! Surely would expect double that from both (they have got 1 more game to lift or they will be my first 2 trades before price changes)
3. Bad choice of starting rookies (smith, kennedy, magner, giles,mohr all on the bench)

With a bit of a lesson learned from these points and knowing my team had full potential to match the top few hundred in the country I can be a little less dissapointed..

Also! Has anyone actually looked at some of the teams in the top 10 from the week! Couldnt believe some of the spuds these guys have in their team that somehow payed off for them this week..

jfitty

I ended up just under 2,100. A little disappointing, but like you I had a few things go wrong:

1. Had Bugg, Adam Kennedy and James McDonald on the bench
2. Had a number of premiums who scored 20-30 less than their usual (Scotland, Mumford, Goodes, Chappy in particular)
3. Had a chap in my team by then name of Brian Lake. Surely next week will bounce back.

I'm sure round 2 will be much better

spasticnut

Mate you are completely right about the top 10 this week i looked at their squads and couldn't believe it. Its just luck.

StuL

I was kicking myself for not starting Magner but have to remember of course with the stupid that a week and a half ago we didn't know for sure if he was going to be fit for round 1. I hope this spreading the draw over 2 weeks stuff is a once off. I also hope they change how the bye works because its going to absurd.

quinny88

Quote from: spasticnut on April 02, 2012, 01:23:34 AM
Mate you are completely right about the top 10 this week i looked at their squads and couldn't believe it. Its just luck.

Yep deffinetly, they will go on a slippery slide down the rankings though.. Dont think guys like tippet and ryder will be scoring 140+ too often

Tainey

Yeah I can guarantee that most if not all of the top 10 teams won't be there next week - one of them had 7 crows!!

quinny88

Quote from: StuL on April 02, 2012, 01:30:48 AM
I was kicking myself for not starting Magner but have to remember of course with the stupid that a week and a half ago we didn't know for sure if he was going to be fit for round 1. I hope this spreading the draw over 2 weeks stuff is a once off. I also hope they change how the bye works because its going to absurd.

I agree but unfortunatly the afl dont take supercoach into account when they do the fixture :(  haha..
However they do take the time to make sure richmonds season is fuked by round 5 every year!

quinny88

Quote from: Tainey on April 02, 2012, 01:32:44 AM
Yeah I can guarantee that most if not all of the top 10 teams won't be there next week - one of them had 7 crows!!

I know.. Unbelievable, all the weeks of research and nab games studied for my team and some guy that looks like he slapped his team together in 5 minutes gets the $1000

Bones Bombers

Ok guys other than Ryder, who in my team are you unhappy about?
Got to go to work but I will check back later and answer any questions, OK!

cortez

Quote from: Bones Bombers on April 02, 2012, 08:02:30 AM

Tbh mate i think you havw a great looking team. maybe these people are just jealous. they wouldn't be talking this shower if they were top 10. well done on a great weekends work.

port2012

Top team had crows players as if Tippett and walker would get that much regularly see how they go next week

Ringo

Quote from: cortez on April 02, 2012, 08:26:01 AM

Tbh mate i think you havw a great looking team. maybe these people are just jealous. they wouldn't be talking this shower if they were top 10. well done on a great weekends work.
Just checked your Team as well Bones and apart from Ryder nothing really out of the ordinary.  Maybe Thompson and Mitchell a bit unique in the mids when compared to other Teams and your gamble with Dermpsey payed off.  Also shows if you have the right rookies it can make a difference.  Well done and congratulations from me a good result from risks taken and no Broughton which helps as well.

coconut52

Quote from: spasticnut on April 02, 2012, 01:23:34 AM

i was ranked in the top 100 teams this week so i checked out the top 10 teams also to see who they had that slightly beat me and the selections are awful you would expect all these teams to score quite poorly next week. i also cant believe how low scoring it was this week a 2400 came 15th in the rankings.

bomberboy0618

I hope everyone trades in walker. He is a spaz.

quinny88

Bones your team is actually one of the few that I think can continue to score well..
Ryder is the only one that I wouldnt be convinced on because we know how bad he can score when he has a form slump.
Some of your players over performed a little like scotty thompson and sam mitchell but they will still be good for 110 most weeks, and you had the right rookies on the park weather that was luck of the draw or well thought out. Good luck for the season