my weeks wrap-up

Started by madbomber8, April 02, 2012, 12:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbomber8

alrighty then,

great weekend of footy to watch. loved the intensity of matches like the freo geelong game. had a feel of watching some 70's and 80's matches with the umpy letting lots go. was great for the game!

3 games within a kick of the footy, and one shot after the siren made for plenty of nail biters, and it lived up to everything i expected with looking at the draw coming into the weekend. i thought. "bloody hell, i might either tip 8 this week or 2. its that close!

now to the fun stuff :D

we all experianced the fun of the rookie selection game. who to play. who to start. the last minute changes, trades, and the utter rage when your watching and your rookies get subbed or just kick clanger after clanger.

personally, i started off the week by leaving 192 points on the bench in the form of giles, j mac and kennedy. :( but always better to have scores like that in your team at least, even if theyre on the bench.

copped some low scores on ground from the usual suspects people have. sheil, ellis, hall, D smith, and a bit disappointed in the porps first showing, and even moreso from brough.

good first games from bugg and redden on ground saved my scores.

my favourite pick for the week was yarran. locked him in about a month ago and have struggled to avoid upgrading him. but i love the kids pace and efficiency and it should bode him well for the year.

with 6 scores of 90-100 from premiums i expect to average 110+, i think there could be LOTS of high scores this year when the big guns fire in coming rounds.

overall i scored 2119 with gaj taking the big c.

next week:

judd to dominate brisbane?
watson to get 40 disposals against port even though they will flog us?
should be a great battle in syd/freo
cox to score 200 against a pathetic melb, but magner to get another 100 ;)
trav cloke to kick 7, pendles and swan both over 150 against richmond
boyd and s thompson to battle for possession title
all our rookies battle the roos.
ablett takes on st kilda
and how many will buddy kick with scarlet gone for (probably 4-5?) weeks. lets hope 10 :D

thats all i have to say. sorry for taking up so much room. haha. keep enjoying supercoach everyone!

kilbluff1985

Why do you think Port will flog us? I know we were not great against North but Hocking got subbed early all the boys were nervous being round 1

madbomber8

loved the game port played today. even when they were ran off their feet, and i mean absolutely buggered... they stuck in there and their game plan held tough. it was brilliant to watch, and i actually for the first time in my 20 years was impressed by port. incredible! i know! haha.

im red and black through and through. i hope we win. but it wont be easy. and i wish i could get down to the big smoke to see it!

go bombers!

quinny88

Clokes more likely to kick 2.5 than 7..

And are you kidding? Port wont get within 60 points of essendon. They cant get within 60 of anyone unless its at aamii

madbomber8

lol i can always dream about cloke kicking 7 and tiring out so he doesnt kick any against us on my birthday (anzac day) :D haha.

and, i honestly reckon they have improved. i do think we should beat them, being at home. but i will be checking the tab for the odds of port losing by less than 30-40 and seeing what odds i can get. ;)

Mat0369

I would like to see Mackie play on Buddy. The last time Mackie played on him was the game where Bartel kicked the winning point after the siren. Taylor and Scarlett both got injured during the game if I remember right and Mackie was forced to go to him in the last. He held his own quite well one on one with Buddy and was critical to the Cats coming back to win the game.

madbomber8

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 02, 2012, 02:47:32 PM
I would like to see Mackie play on Buddy. The last time Mackie played on him was the game where Bartel kicked the winning point after the siren. Taylor and Scarlett both got injured during the game if I remember right and Mackie was forced to go to him in the last. He held his own quite well one on one with Buddy and was critical to the Cats coming back to win the game.

yeah it would be a great battle to see. i think though without the general of scarlett back there they might be a tad overrun with cyrill and buddy doing damage. and i havent heard of any times due to come back, but hawthorn played amazing footy, without hodge and roughead... are either of those two coming back?

its gonna be a great round of footy ahead. im very keen for the week to fly by! :)

Mat0369

This is the best chance Hawthorn have had to finally break the streak Geelong has had on them. If the Hawks get up it will be the first time since the 08 GF that they will have beat the Cats. I think they said Hodge was a one week injury so he should get up for this week. Did Roughy play in the VFL last week? If he did and played well he would be pushing for selection as well. It is going to be a great game to watch

madbomber8

should be an awesome match. tab paying $2.80 for either team to win by less than 15.5 points or a draw... should be a close game, hawthorn are the favourite right now. $1.60 compared to $2.30 for geelong.. so keen for it!

thedoomies

Jude gets tagged my man murphy gets 150+
Watson has an easy 40 and Essendon win, Stkilda are pittaful at best
Syd/fre great game, all aboard n fyfe
Cox may get the highest score of all time, in saying that he'd want to lift on his game this week
Trav cooke wilk kick 3, Pendles and swan will dominate but hopefully lids and dusty can get a sniff too.
Boyd wins possessions, Thompson will get picken who ALWAYS makes life tough.
Hopefully the rooks all go well against the Roos and shiel has a better game with no j mac
Ablett is the best in the game but how many will he have on c jones who has done well on him in the past
BUDDY kicks 6, he's super human and this year will be his best yet. Looks better than ever!

madbomber8

Quote from: thedoomies on April 03, 2012, 07:17:03 PM
Jude gets tagged my man murphy gets 150+
Watson has an easy 40 and Essendon win, Stkilda are pittaful at best
Syd/fre great game, all aboard n fyfe
Cox may get the highest score of all time, in saying that he'd want to lift on his game this week
Trav cooke wilk kick 3, Pendles and swan will dominate but hopefully lids and dusty can get a sniff too.
Boyd wins possessions, Thompson will get picken who ALWAYS makes life tough.
Hopefully the rooks all go well against the Roos and shiel has a better game with no j mac
Ablett is the best in the game but how many will he have on c jones who has done well on him in the past
BUDDY kicks 6, he's super human and this year will be his best yet. Looks better than ever!

nice! i like it! :) its gonna be a hard weekend for those loaded up with maggies mids/fwds and rich backs.. myself personally has cloke and shaw (no swan or pendles just yet) and martin, deledio, ellis and morris. so its gonna be a hard one to split 330 points between the whole two sides i reckon.. fingers crossed.

lets hope if boyd wins possesions he raises his effficiency..