Leigh montagna

Started by formula16, April 01, 2012, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formula16

What are people making of him? Started well, 58 at half time. Scored a grand total of 14 after that.

Will he get back to the highs of 09-10? Will his average improve with hayes being back? Or is he just past it? Is he playing the same role as 09-10 or has he had a role change?

For people who have him, are people tempted by watson, who is around the same price or maybe save a bit of cash and go with sloane or hayes?

jabroni

out of those watson is the best bet of being a top 12 mid

formula16

jabroni

yeah i had montagna from rd1 last year and ill bet if watson stays fit his avg will be higher

formula16

Wasn't montagna one of the best mids only a couple of years ago? If he gets back to that, wont he at least be the same if not average more than watson?

Chelskiman

Had Joey last year but wisely stayed away this year.  I do like him, but I think he's on the decline.

Ajax22

The Saints in general seem to be on the decline

Goddard's about the only one I'm feeling any sort of confidence with these days

picker_man

Quote from: Ajax22 on April 02, 2012, 11:20:01 PM

spot on. i wanted to get in fisher but just couldnt do it

Chelskiman

Dal Santo?

Ajax22

Quote from: Chelskiman on April 02, 2012, 11:40:35 PM

Dal Santo?

Not in DT, in SC probably yeah but I don't really pay too much attention to the SC scores

He just doesn't score enough in DT to justify picking him in the mids imo. I guess I doubt he'll drop off but not really worthy in the first place for me

picker_man

4got about mcevoy nearly got him in

Memphistopheles

Hayes is way cheaper and outscored him.

If you were going to get any Saints mid it should have been him. Or if you wanted a unique who could break out then I would have gone Steven.

If you have Montagna though I wouldn't panic yet.

I still think he will return to DT form. Watson will most likely go down with injury for a few weeks at least.

Why is everyone trying to 'panic' trade after one round.

Back your picks in - I got Hale, Broughton and Lake and was disappointed but I'm sure as hell not going to trade them out after one bad game.

At least wait till players are on the bubble for price increases/decreases before burning a trade.

Ajax22

Quote from: picker_man on April 02, 2012, 11:49:57 PM
4got about mcevoy nearly got him in

Even McEvoys got me a little nervous, had him in for much of the preseason with Cox but then scrapped him for the 1-3 setup.
He seemed to do a lot better on the weekend after Redden was subbed off

maccar86

IMO swan, pendles, boyd, rockliff, mitchell, ablett, jelwood, murphy, watson, redden (im sure im still missing a few) will all be ahead of montagna, del santo, hayes and any other saints midfielder.

i liked the saints for DT a few seasons ago and i cant offer any answers as to why they seem to be playing the way they do but the only saints player i have any confidence in being a top 6/7 at his position this year is goddard.

i dont even think mcevoy will be in the top 5 ruckman to be honest.

Ajax22

Quote from: maccar86 on April 03, 2012, 02:32:20 AM
IMO swan, pendles, boyd, rockliff, mitchell, ablett, jelwood, murphy, watson, redden (im sure im still missing a few) will all be ahead of montagna, del santo, hayes and any other saints midfielder.

i liked the saints for DT a few seasons ago and i cant offer any answers as to why they seem to be playing the way they do but the only saints player i have any confidence in being a top 6/7 at his position this year is goddard.

i dont even think mcevoy will be in the top 5 ruckman to be honest.

+1