Leigh montagna

Started by formula16, April 01, 2012, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formula16

well the saints are playing GC this week so if he doesnt dominate, i should probably trade him out right? For a rookie or for watson/hayes/sloane?

Ajax22

I think that now you've got him that you should stick with him.

St. Kilda could end up doing anything this year and for your sake hopefully they just had an off day against Port whilst getting used to the new coaching style

Montagna has every chance of being a serviceable 6th mid and I don't think its worth burning a trade on him at this point. Chances are if you do trade him it will be the week Montags goes nuts and scores 150 whilst the guy you bring in gets injured. If halfway through the year you have trades spare then he could be worth upgrading but at this point stick with him

bundyboy

Quote from: Ajax22 on April 03, 2012, 06:51:37 PM
I think that now you've got him that you should stick with him.

St. Kilda could end up doing anything this year and for your sake hopefully they just had an off day against Port whilst getting used to the new coaching style

Montagna has every chance of being a serviceable 6th mid and I don't think its worth burning a trade on him at this point. Chances are if you do trade him it will be the week Montags goes nuts and scores 150 whilst the guy you bring in gets injured. If halfway through the year you have trades spare then he could be worth upgrading but at this point stick with him

+1...  you picked him...now stick with it...it's only rd 1 and far too early to burn trades for this...

Alka

I disagree. If a player is not performing, fix it as soon as possible. You're losing points for no reason.

However it does depend on how you fix it. If you can upgrade to one of the guys Maccar mentioned (include: Stanton and Thommo in that list), then yes. However I'm guessing you can't. Which means you're looking at someone around Montagna's price, like Watson. I think that's just as iffy. You could consider going down to a Palmer or Barlow, as they represent better value. I think it's that, or sit wait and cross your fingers.

formula16

barlows an interesting one, do people think he will be one of the best mids once he regains full fitness?