I am going to trade... So what, I said it!

Started by billnats, April 01, 2012, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slashers

The Mumford/Giles/Redden combo is a great one.
Not sure why Redden was subbed out tonight. One can only hope its because Port know how much they need him, and they don't want to burn him out.

Question> Early trades can be reversed and redone as many times as you like before next lockout - RIGHT?

bluedreamin

What have you got to lose waiting one more week? Hard to find a pattern after 1 game. Prices won't change until Rnd 3 so I would hold fast for one more week. Especially on guys like Sidebottom.

And, yes Slashers, you can make trades now and change them right up to lockout. What you can't do is un-use them though :)

MC

Trading this early is so bloody stupid. No benefit trading in some rookie who could easily be dropped prior to rd 3 - and no faith in the players you spent weeks/months deliberating over!!! By all means burn those trades, but once they're gone it's all over red rover!

brownmans muffins

Quote from: Slashers on April 01, 2012, 09:43:34 PM
The Mumford/Giles/Redden combo is a great one.
Not sure why Redden was subbed out tonight. One can only hope its because Port know how much they need him, and they don't want to burn him out.

Question> Early trades can be reversed and redone as many times as you like before next lockout - RIGHT?

Spot on
+ the simultaneous trade / DPP shift is handy

I'm not trading this week but have already played around with Broughton/Clarke out for Mohr/Rockliff
I can do this coz I have Goddard in mids

yorgis

was at the game and i believe redden was subbed out as a precaution, and the fact that the other port 'rucks' were holding

their own. was a good move as d rod provided a bit of spark and grunt around the stoppages

Madsnake

Quote from: MC on April 01, 2012, 10:04:58 PM
Trading this early is so bloody stupid. No benefit trading in some rookie who could easily be dropped prior to rd 3 - and no faith in the players you spent weeks/months deliberating over!!! By all means burn those trades, but once they're gone it's all over red rover!

+1, Couldn't agree more

Fletch74

Quote from: Sammocorw on April 01, 2012, 09:42:34 PM
Wait until after round 2

This is the wisest thing I've seen on here... Who knows what will happen this week. McIntosh might score 130 against the Giants, and Sidebottom might score 130 against the Tigers. Players have their bad games from time to time.

brodman_18

Ahh the old trading after rnd 1 chestnut.....
I have been down this road my friend and trust me, it is not a road you want to be travelling down.

Only trade now for injuries or suspensions of over 4 weeks to non-keepers. In the past I have traded early, I rationalised it to myself as making the most possible $$$ by making sure you have the best possible rookies by the end of round 3. But then you trade to someone who gets injured the week after and by the time you get another rookie in or go back to the one you had, you have burnt 2 trades and got nowhere.

Trades are gold