I am going to trade... So what, I said it!

Started by billnats, April 01, 2012, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billnats

Really regretting McIntosh and Sidebottom/Porps. 2 things I could do:

1. Downgrade McIntosh--> Redden and play Giles/Mumford on field. Upgrade Sidebottom to Franklin/Fyfe

2. Downgrade Sidebottom/Porplyzia--> McCarthy/Rookie and upgrade McIntosh to Kreuzer. Keep any spare coin.

Which one guys?

makita

billnats

Dont wanna miss out on the bargains! I dont have C. Smith, Redden, Milera...

Will Redden play every week?

JamSainter

fivestarmd

Why would you want to turf Sidebum? He will be a jet this year, played really well Friday. You will regret it

billnats

Im not gonna rush into the Sidebottom one really... Its the McIntosh trade I want. That way I can bring in C. Smith or Milera and save the rest for upgrades later.

bottlemart

I would wait until next week and see how they go.  Sidey 72.  Porps 74.  Hmac 77.  This is not disasterous.

have a look at how lake and some of the rookies scored.

had Hmac kicked the last ball 2 metres to the left he would have scored well over 100 with the winning goal.

I would give all 3 another week at the very least.  Porps and Hmac will increase in price after 3 games if they average those scores and sidey will be fine aswell.

tor01doc

Slow down, you move too fast
Gotta make those trades last.

Slashers

I'm trading. Have to really. And I want to do it now, so I'll be waiting until lockout is over - don't care what time it is.
Clancee Pearce cost me a decent score. Even with his sorry a$$ managed 2150. If only I had a Dahlhaus or a Bennell!
Well, next round I will.
Should only cost me 1 trade. He'll get dropped by Freo anyway.

billnats

Ye I know what you mean. I have Kerridge & Couch on bench with donuts and dont have enough money to get C. Smith &/or Milera.

If Couch or Kerridge get selected next week, I will wait another week for sure before I decide! Otherwise, I can only bring in one of them.

If I do make these trades, I will need to touch the team for a long time, so not worried about running out of trades

bkimm32

Clay Smith is the only player I really want in. I will wait to see if Ledger is named round 2 before I make a move. If he does play and scores under 50 and Smith scores over 70 I will make the trade before round 1.

Colliwobblers

Trades are there to be used - allocate them as you like me i think roughly the following is what they are needed for.

6 - Bye trades (upgrade downgrade trades not sideways hopefully)

6 - LTI (for long term injured premiums)

10 - Upgrade / Downgrade rookie trades (in addition to the bye trades upgrading and downgrading rooks)

2 - spare dissaster trades (missed rookies - failed premiums/ mid pricers)

= 24 total trades

So if you start making too many changes early that are sideways (rookie -rookie or premo not performing - premo performing) you run the risk of not being able to fully upgrade your team to 22 starting premiums, and or you will run out of trades for long term injury cover...

Others may see it very differently. I plan to make 2 early trades to improve players who are failing or get a player i don't have that proves to be a must have, but thats it so they need to be used wisely.

upthemaidens

Quote from: tor01doc on April 01, 2012, 09:20:28 PM
Slow down, you move too fast
Gotta make those trades last.
and feel'in groovy

billnats

Agreed Colliwobblers. I only really want to make the 1-2 sideways trades now... but I need the funding for it and thats where McIntosh comes into the equation.

Will Redden play every week? Giles/Mumford I think are a decent enough combo on the field but I want a reasonably consistent back up.

Sammocorw

Wait until after round 2, but keep an eye on Minson, could be a good replacement for HMac.