Broughton - Cog

Started by Scrads, March 31, 2012, 09:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

In 2011 he averaged 84.1 and had a score against geelong of 61
In 2010 he averaged 89.3 and scores against geelong of 68 and 82
In 2009 average was 87.6 and scores against geelong where 122 and 43

He always get a shutdown role on Stevie J so you can expect below par scores against geelong (apart from the 122!)
I'm giving him more time to prove himself

Chopps

dont make decisions based on rd 1 thats for sure

Scrads

Quote from: Ricochet on April 02, 2012, 01:25:18 AM
In 2011 he averaged 84.1 and had a score against geelong of 61
In 2010 he averaged 89.3 and scores against geelong of 68 and 82
In 2009 average was 87.6 and scores against geelong where 122 and 43

He always get a shutdown role on Stevie J so you can expect below par scores against geelong (apart from the 122!)
I'm giving him more time to prove himself

This is a little promising...

Colliwobblers

yeah we aren't all idiots  :o well not totally, he is a gun just hoped he was past the shut down tagging shower, when a coach says " i thought he had already made the transition to an onball midfielder late last season" you don't expect what we were dished up last round.

here's hoping round 2 is the start of our laughing instead of the laughing thats currently coming from everyone that doesnt have him  ;)

owenbond007

Ill hang onto him all season thats why I picked him. LOL! I am getting Gilbert nightmares.

CFC 1979

yes but those averages were under Harvey

Now he has mr "sports science" as a coach who knows what role he will play

Holz

If he goes 60 110 110 60 110 110 etc... i can take that . If he does tag occasionally, he better make it up in the games he plays mids.

The Grundles

Broughton is very Carrazzo'esque.  He is a brilliant tagger and will now and then get a shut down role on a small fwd if they are causing problems...i can really only see him scoring poorly against 2 or 3 teams this year (mainly your eberts with PA, Milnes with Sts, and obviously your SJ's with geelong)...overall he will score well as he is also a brilliant outside midfielder...and knows how to find plenty of the pill in the back half...keep the faith peeps!

8)

Holz

Quote from: The Grundles on April 03, 2012, 02:41:57 AM
Broughton is very Carrazzo'esque.  He is a brilliant tagger and will now and then get a shut down role on a small fwd if they are causing problems...i can really only see him scoring poorly against 2 or 3 teams this year (mainly your eberts with PA, Milnes with Sts, and obviously your SJ's with geelong)...overall he will score well as he is also a brilliant outside midfielder...and knows how to find plenty of the pill in the back half...keep the faith peeps!

8)

if my prediction of top 4 actually happens, than he should avoid the tagging against alot of teams.

Windigo

JBs-Hawks

8)

Dont think he will be playing Port Adelaide Magpies this year so shouldnt need to shutdown brett ebert :P

nickyt

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 03, 2012, 12:27:54 PM

8)

Dont think he will be playing Port Adelaide Magpies this year so shouldnt need to shutdown brett ebert :P
Pretty sure he was referring to Brad Ebert... ;)

JBs-Hawks

Brad isnt a small forward and definately isnt the one you would be tagging at Port.

nickyt

My bad... i just can't see the need to shut down brett ebert... he can't even get a game atm...

Andrew

I really thought with Suban fully fit that he would take the main defensive shutdown role, leaving Broughton free. Also, Duffield was quite defensive last year and could possibly be freed up by Lyon...

Quote from: Windigo on April 03, 2012, 11:57:41 AM
Just keep him!

Just upgrade him to Birchall! If he scores anything under 80, he's gone from my team.