Main Menu

Golby

Started by gotheroos!, March 31, 2012, 03:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotheroos!

One of my stupid picks. ANyone now why he hasn't scored anything in the 2nd quarter? injured or just a true spud? thx :)

Boomz

Neither... Just playing a defensive role :(

jfitty

I'm not really sure why everyone was so keen on him. But only the first half of the first game, no need to worry yet

JamSainter

Ugggh
If he doesn't show much, and lake or hargrave or howard or dempsey do then ima gonna have to sideways trade i reckon! :-\

bkimm32

I'm thinking the same about the sideways trade, don't know if I'll have the cash though :( maybe downgrade him to a rookie such as Tynan and have a good chunk of cash in hand for upgrade times.

Ringo

24 point third quarter - hope he doesn't have a scoreless last and will a reasonable rookie score.

bennynam

You guys are unbelievable. 25 points to half time and you're talking about sideways trades. He has 49 points to 3 quarter time now. Cool the jets lads!

bottlemart

WTF.  Keep the bloke.  He's had 13 touches at 3/4 time, including 3 rebound 50's.  He looks alright to me.  Wait at least until the game is over, check his numbers and assess it from there. 

I know hes not rookie priced, but look at the games  and scores of yagmoor, boumann and morris.  You may have casue for concern with one of those blokes, but Golby is doing Ok.

It's only early round 1 and already people talking about sideways trades.

Noz

Playing a defensive role, when Brown comes back Merrett will be switched back to defence to free up Golby.
Drummond comes back and Adcock plays a more defensive role with Hanley playing on the wing. Golby and Drummond will be their half backs. In saying that Drummond could take Golby's role and kick him out of the team.

gotheroos!

finished up with 66 (could change a bit after final calcs). pretty happy. especially after a scoreless 2nd quarter. will just stay put and hope he continues to improve

devize

Quote from: gotheroos! on March 31, 2012, 05:33:18 PM
finished up with 66 (could change a bit after final calcs). pretty happy. especially after a scoreless 2nd quarter. will just stay put and hope he continues to improve
How can you be happy with that? hes 150k+ more expensive than a rookie who would easily match those scores.

coconut52

Quote from: devize on March 31, 2012, 11:49:37 PM
Quote from: gotheroos! on March 31, 2012, 05:33:18 PM
How can you be happy with that? hes 150k+ more expensive than a rookie who would easily match those scores.

mate its only been one game 66 is not that bad of a score for someone worth 280k you would probably expect him to average 75-80 so its not that far off that

gotheroos!

Still spudding it up. What's the problem? His role, or his skill? Thx!! :)

Ringo

Last night he was given the role on Garlett.  Garlett was far too experienced him and he did not have the speed to match at times.  Part of the learning curve for him a 9 game player playing on 55 game player.

Jake8

Exactly what Ringo said