2010 Player Discussion

Started by hibbo, October 03, 2009, 10:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crows90

I wouldnt take the punt on Symes. Symes is a good player but dream team wise he just doesnt rack up enough possessions to get good scores.

Travis Varco?

Torress

cheers blokes, symes is a negative 4 me..

ah i just realised this is DT - i don;t pay attention to DT, always make a team but im personally much more into SC.
yea buckley might be good value next season, roger hayden might also be good value if he don't get injured, adam cooney is good value, ric ladson also may be good value if he has good preseason.

How about Colin Sylvia??? can he step up to prem forward status next year??  Also based on the fanplanner, im def gonna be starting Spike Mcveigh!! - if he is 350 odd K (SC), im on him!
bit obvious here - not sure if he'll really bring home the big scores but u really can't go pass david hille at 250k (SC) in the ruck can ya??

tom_legend

sylvia wouldnt be a bad pick as his price is pretty much back to its starting price. His consistency worrys me though. He had a couple low scores early on.

bradd dalziell?

moiecoute

I would take Symes or any other player if I knew they would give me a steady average rather than a yoyo up one week and down the other.

JB0016

hello everyone,

dalziell is a good young player who is developing and has a good engine who will do well on the big subiaco ground.

Lovett and Jolly?

nas

Lovett & Jolly maybe new clubs = new lease of life allthough Jolly has had a good year tho

hibbo

2010 Rucks will be very interesting. So many options - perhaps Cox and co. won't be the best option? Clark, Cox, McIntosh and Sandilands seem to have broken away as the 'elite' ruckmen; while Brennan, Jolly, Kreuzer and Tippett threaten to join them. Of course there are the discount ruckmen that could prove decent picks - Hille, Ottens and Warnock. Finally there are some 'unqiue' picks that look to be solid choices - Lynch, Fraser, Brogan, Ryder and even Seaby. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does!

But answering your question JB, I don't think Jolly is the best choice no matter where he plays. If at Sydney I doubt he can improve his average as now Seaby will take some of his TOG away. But if he changes club he won't be playing the Swans gameplan which means less hitouts for him.  I see him averaging the same as 09' at best, but most likely a slight drop in average.

Ricky Petterd?

BradStar

Changing it a bit hibbo sorry, looks like Bazza is at the buldogs and rocket said he wont be a big target? it was plan of sydneys to get rid of jolly because i dont think they would get seaby if jolly would stay, still thinking that they still have pike who played a fair amount of game, looking foward to white to see if he goes upfront? Your thoughts.

(yep im back, just felt like joining in ;))

BradStar

(just a note from previous) I was happy with jolly this year because of my ruck problems (hille, ottens,Luenburger and more all out). i was happy with his scores and his price saying that i got he when he was cheap.

bovs

Quote from: BradStar on October 07, 2009, 06:32:40 AM
Changing it a bit hibbo sorry, looks like Bazza is at the buldogs and rocket said he wont be a big target? it was plan of sydneys to get rid of jolly because i dont think they would get seaby if jolly would stay, still thinking that they still have pike who played a fair amount of game, looking foward to white to see if he goes upfront? Your thoughts.

(yep im back, just felt like joining in ;))

Roos wants two quality ruckmen.  Having seen the workload placed on Jolly in recent times, that is what he'll be looking to go with.  Seaby was brought in as a no. 2 (although he's good enough to lead the ruck) so if Jolly does go then Sydney will chase a replacement.

The current stocks include Pike, but he is still very raw, and White who I suspect will be used primarily up forward.  That means Sydney need to trade to get a quality tap-ruckman.  Maybe they'll go for a fringe type like Mumford, Jamar or Griffen?  Can't see them getting anyone better than that really.  Which clubs are going to let their best ruckmen go?  Maybe Wood or even Fraser could go to Sydney for Jolly?!!!  Or maybe Richmond are ready to move on from Simmonds with Vickery coming through?

CFC 1979

Symes - he needs a big year next year. Lots of potential but not delivering imo

J Smith to Geelong ?

nas

Symes:- Didn't get much of a run @ either Power or the Crows ( alltho suffered with injuries in the early stages)

Prospector_1

J. W. Smith? - Seems older and a bit injury prone. Discounted price and a new club makes him interesting, but I fear the injury factor.

Symes had his chance with me year before last (I think), and I waited nearly all season for an injury to heal. Return games were OK, but I won't be risking that again. Smith might be the same problem, depends on pre-season at new club. Geelong seem very conservative with injuries, so his TOG could be limited by that.

Can R. Murphy be the man to put the pill onto Big Bad's chest? How will that affect his scores in DT?

alex jak

gday all. just joined up to this site. still getting used to all this, i follow dream team talk manly . any advice on who to go for next year in DT? and where can you do a draft dream team ect planning for  2010?

ronl

Just changing the subject - FEV - I don't think Vossy or the Brissy bosses will take any crap from him next year, so I'd be looking for Brendan to have a whopper of a year and go close to kicking the ton.  My thinking now is you've got to have him in both SC and DT.  Any opinions?