Injury Trades?

Started by Meister21, September 27, 2009, 08:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meister21

How can we get the AFL Dream Team to introduce some sort of free Injury trade for next year for players injured for 3 0r 4 weeks or more?

hibbo

Are you requesting a free trade for a player that is out for over 4 weeks? If so that's a horrible idea, sorry.

timskul

injuries are part of football, surely u cant expect a free trade for it. happens all the time. i had 30 injuries/suspensions this year that caused players to miss games and still got 1500th.

Meister21

Picking a player that does not get injured does not prove you footy knowledge or intellect. It just brings in luck or lack of it. By removing the luck or unluckyness factor you will see a more accurate picture of competitors knowledge and dream team footy smarts. Either that or enable a list the same size which is available to an AFL coach and then it would be more realistic. What do you think?

ronl

Surely, part of the skill involved in playing DT or SC is avoiding players who are injury prone and choosing those who are not.  For example, I'll probably have Chappy in my starting team next year, but I've already planned to trade him come rounds 15-18 because that's when his hammies usually start playing up.
Same for J. Drummond, in my book Adcock is a much better proposition because Drummond can't take a hard knock without being injured.  There are other examples too numerous to mention, so, sorry I see injuries as part and parcel of the game, and it should stay as it is.

MiGZ

i think we should be allowed to have 3 on the bench instead of 2 for each position. i also think that no matter where your emergency is postioned to, they should be able to cover for any position in your team in the case of an injury.

hibbo

How people deal with their injuried players seperates the best DT coaches from the rest. Most of the skill of DT comes down to how you use your trades, allowing 'free' trades takes this skill away and makes the game too easy for everyone.

Besides how would it work? For example, what if a player is said to only miss 2 games, so you don't get the free trade - but eventually they are out for 4 weeks. Then what happens? Do you get the free trade even though that player might come back on the 5th week.

I reckon 20 trades is fine, obviously some changes will have to occur when the Gold Coast side comes in - but for now please leave it the same!

Meister21

I suppose it is dreamteam, why make it more realistic. Lets just continue with the luck thing! Where is the skill in that?

roo boys!

Also, if "free" trades were introduced, you wouldn't need to have people playing on your bench, you could just get all the cheap, rookie-listed, non-playing players.

hibbo

Quote from: Meister21 on September 29, 2009, 07:21:43 AM
I suppose it is dreamteam, why make it more realistic. Lets just continue with the luck thing! Where is the skill in that?

I think you're missing the point. Free trades will make the game too easy!
Yes there is luck with how many injuries you get, even the best DT'ers cop a lot - but they are good enough to manage them, that's what seperates them from the rest.

roo boys!

eatmywake

One rule change that I thought vould be worthwhile would kick in where you have a zero with no cover in (say) the Forward line, but a bench player in another position.  I think it could be interesting to allo a player to play out of position, but with a reduction factor (say 50%) applied to their score.  Any thoughts?

timskul

eatmywake, i reckon that would just be too complicated, the games worked fine as it is. no changes till gc17 comes in. it would be too hard to keep track of the players scores, part of dream team is knowing how much points your getting when u watch the match eg joel bowden mark kick, yay 6 pts

arc1973

How about a point for when a player successfully bounces the ball...that would reward those players that run and carry the ball more, eap out of defense...

hibbo

Quote from: arc1973 on September 30, 2009, 01:15:23 AM
How about a point for when a player successfully bounces the ball...that would reward those players that run and carry the ball more, eap out of defense...

But what all those times where you see players take about 3 steps and then bounce the ball. They will of run 20m and bounce the ball 3 times! I reckon leave the rules as it is.