J. Riewolt vs Buddy

Started by Slammer, March 28, 2012, 08:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer

Yes I know u are all going to say Buddy but is anyone looking
at the Buddyfly effect?  J. Riewoldt looks to be fit and firing this year and surely Buddy will drop a little in price
due to his difficult start. I have Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Buddy and then Porps. Is it too risky to bring in Riewoldt now for
Buddy and then upgrade Porps to Danger or upgrade elsewhere. Then look at bringing in Buddy later.
Any thoughts?

tor01doc

I have certainly warmed to the hard draw / high price early theory.

Lids, Martin, Buddy, Pendles, Scotland, Newman, Birchall, Rioli - the majority of these will be in my end of year team and will have been picked up cheaper than current prices.

Should save enough to get at least one free upgrade over the season and by selecting other better value guys like Selwood, Goddard, Pavlich, Fyfe and Swan, points will still flow.

Or so theory number 45 goes.

BTW - J Roo is not in my dream 22 + 4 so I'd be taking Cloke, Chapman, SJ, Fyfe or someone.

Fletch74

Quote from: Slammer on March 28, 2012, 08:07:02 AM
Yes I know u are all going to say Buddy but is anyone looking
at the Buddyfly effect?  J. Riewoldt looks to be fit and firing this year and surely Buddy will drop a little in price
due to his difficult start.
I have Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Buddy and then Porps. Is it too risky to bring in Riewoldt now for
Buddy and then upgrade Porps to Danger or upgrade elsewhere. Then look at bringing in Buddy later.
Any thoughts?
I think you have to remember that Richmond have the toughest draw of all. IMO that gives you the answer you need.

twinkle

Good players still score well against good teams - often perform better in fact. IMO anyway

tor01doc

My calculations based around predicted finish (Journos / mine) and odds (TAB / sportsbet) which gives Coll 1 Gee 2 Haw 3 Car 4 WCE 5 etc (all debatable but close enough) for the difficulty of draw over the first 7 rounds.

Rich Hawthorn and Port are the worst

WCE Swans and Ade the best.

Winning teams get > 50% of 3300 on offer.

Players from winning teams score more.

Torress

i'm not starting buddy. i feel my other forwards have upsdie where buddy will either maintain his price but hopefully drop. this is mostly due to the fact i want to start pendles.

mind you he is going to be a very quick upgrade.

djtranny

Don't start buddy and be prepared for disappointment barring injury/suspension.

ando_10

buddy will go to town on collingwood Friday night.

he will kick 5 and have 20+ touches.

Torress

not picking buddy comes down to how you look at it. i feel the prems i have in the forward line will out do buddy first 3 rounds  :-X   but i won't mind watching him smash the pies without him in my SC!!!  its the 1st round so will only be calculated in his price fluctuations once.

so buddy will be a very early upgrade for mine, i only really need one of my other forward prems to get a win and outscore him, hopefully all of them outscore him and for me thats a win (early on). will be my first upgrade no doubt.

Noz

Buddy will prove you wrong when he averages 110 for the whole year

meow meow

No Tarrant. No Brown. No Maxwell. Prepare for a 170 point game from Lance this week. Reid can't go with him. Goldsack is the only chance Collingwood has of limiting his influence. He'll shoot up in price and almost be unattainable all year, similar to Cox last year.

twinkle

Quote from: Torress on March 28, 2012, 11:47:10 AM
i'm not starting buddy. i feel my other forwards have upsdie where buddy will either maintain his price but hopefully drop. this is mostly due to the fact i want to start pendles.

That comment is a bit ironic?! Surely out of all players Pendles isn't going up in price!