How Many Premium Mids?

Started by RiOtChEsS, March 27, 2012, 04:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Many Premium Midfielders R U Starting?

RiOtChEsS

550k upward, not counting a value pick or mid priced selection

coolfugitiv0

I think it'd be risky starting more than 4. You never know which prems might have a below-par season (I'm looking at you Goddard/Riewoldt), and it lets you have a space for an underpriced player who's having a breakout season (Fyfe/Barlow).

Besides, there's too many decent mid rookies out there!

I'm starting 3 prems myself.

ubeaut

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on March 27, 2012, 04:59:38 PM
I think it'd be risky starting more than 4. You never know which prems might have a below-par season (I'm looking at you Goddard/Riewoldt), and it lets you have a space for an underpriced player who's having a breakout season (Fyfe/Barlow).

Besides, there's too many decent mid rookies out there!

I'm starting 3 prems myself.
I'm having trouble finding rookies (GWS aside) that have good JS. Apart from Magner. Wingard,Stevens,Ledger,Neale,C.Smithetc all have shaky JS and/or are likely to get vested alot. Who are these mysterious decent rookies people seem to think exist? Zorko looks like getting a spot on my bench somewhere as he'll have an automatic spot when he comes back. But that is risky also.
I'm forced to do this and Caddy or find cash for another prem.
To answer you're question I don't think there's a right/wrong answer. Depends on structure,how you spend money elsewhere and where you can find good rookies. But like I said mid rookies are hard to nail,so for me it's 3 or 4 prems. Could change when teams are announced.

fever

Torress

been running 3 prems for a while now.

def will not go 4, if not 3 it will be 2.

Ringo

Starting 4 Ablett, Rockliff, Selwood and Thompson.

GlassHarmonium

Starting 4 Ablett, M.Murphy, Boyd, Selwood

jasonweare

ben_020285

3 prems, 3 rookies. No mid pricers.

Ablett, Boyd, Selwood.

tor01doc

Despite voting 3 I now have

Ablett, Murphy, Selwood and Thompson.

Who knows what next?

meow meow

Can't afford more than 3 when I've gone with the cream of the crop.

ajjewell

I've went 4 with Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy and Selwood. I only have the 1 prem ruckman to finance this which is Mummy

MLS

All pre-season I have had 3 premium mid-fielders and 5 rookies, 2 of which are from GWS. But the last 24 hours I am struggling to find that 5th rookie which is reasonably priced and has decent JS, including avoiding the vest. I may revert back to 4 and 4 depending on selection this week.

At present I have JMac, Shiel, Magner, Ledger. 5th Rookies that I am considering are; Stevens, Hogan, Wingard, Smith, Neale (Injury cloud) and even Darren 'spud' Pfieffer (yes its come to that)

bomberboy0618

Ablett, Priddis, Selwood, Watson.

mudgee

Pendles, GAblett, and Selwood